Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Club Programme Shops

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

jonw
Youth Team Regular

Sep 3, 2017, 8:09 PM

Team(s): Braintree Town

Post #326 of 332 (4522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oxford City have a sizeable portacabin that only stocks clothing etc, no programmes or badges. The young girl in there directs badge enquiries to the bar where "they might be able to help". They can't.
Eastbourne Borough has a small merchandise shop just inside the turnstiles, with a limited number of programmes.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 15, 2017, 6:01 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #327 of 332 (4300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonw] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Croydon FC, Southern Counties East League Premier Division, right next to the Arena tram stop, have just started a programme shop, being run by Dave West. who used to have one for many years there, but not for a least a decade.

Grounds visited: 725
Last new ground:Fulham Under 23s; Motspur Park training ground; Motspur Park, Surrey. (Premier League 2 Under 23 League )
Last game: Friday 10th August 2018: Fulham U.23s 2, Manchester United U.23s 2. [Premier League 2 Under 23 league]
Football matches watched this season: 19
2017/18-New English grounds: 2; & foreign: 2

ChrisHFC
Junior Team Sub

Mar 2, 2018, 11:57 AM

Team(s): Hendon

Post #328 of 332 (2648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If Steve from Hendon is looking in do you have a programme shop of any sort at SJP please ?

FYI, I'm Steve's dad!

There is a clubshop at SJP selling Hendon merchandise and the current season's programmes, plus a small selection of books and older, general programmes - it's run by the Supporters Association. It's situated just inside the turnstiles, on the right.

When we moved out of Claremont Road in 2008, we moved 5,000 - 10,000 (or more) programmes into a large container for storage. The container went with us to Wembley FC and Harrow Borough when we groundshared, and it's now at SJP. I have no idea if those programmes are accessible, or if they still exist, though several members of the Supporters Association were intending to try to catalogue all the programmes. No idea if this was done or was even started. Best way of finding out is to talk to John Rock of the SA on a matchday.

Haven't been to an Edgware Town match at SJP since the clubshop opened, so don't know if they use the clubshop as well, or perhaps use a table in the clubhouse.

Chris Rogers
Hendon FC - unofficial historian

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 29, 2018, 11:26 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #329 of 332 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonw] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Oxford City have a sizeable portacabin that only stocks clothing etc, no programmes or badges. The young girl in there directs badge enquiries to the bar where "they might be able to help". They can't.
Eastbourne Borough has a small merchandise shop just inside the turnstiles, with a limited number of programmes.

Oxford City used to have an old shipping container full of old programmes, positioned just next to the tea hut (it also used to sell scarfs and occasionally badges). Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be open at all during the half-dozen City first-team matches I attended last season (it was never open for Nomads matches anyway). A shame, because OCFC have in the past sold some really handsome commemorative badges.

I saw the small shop at Eastbourne Borough last season. Like the present City shop, it too seems to concentrate on clothing and kit, though there were a few boxes of programmes and a choice of EBFC badges.

stanley nick
Youth Team Sub

Jul 14, 2018, 8:20 AM

Post #330 of 332 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good morning

I WILL HAVE at every Accrington Stanley home game from 1pm
Stalls selling badges from around the world in which many are english non lge and Scottish non lge
I WILL be in the CROWN PUB CAR PARK NEXT TO THE GROUND FROM 1PM

THKS NICK

(This post was edited by stanley nick on Jul 14, 2018, 9:23 AM)

Old Glove
Youth Team Sub

Aug 3, 2018, 3:53 PM

Team(s): Hengrove Athletic

Post #331 of 332 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanley nick] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm hoping to start selling mugs, keyrings, pennants and programmes at Hengrove Athletic soon. We've already got pin badges and I've got some older non-league programmes of my own that I'll donate to the club too.

I know it's a "How long is a piece of string?" type question but what do people charge for old non-league programmes?

Also, any advice as to what to get in to sell from the club shop would be gratefully received.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 7, 2018, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #332 of 332 (227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Glove] Club Programme Shops [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Plenty of interesting stuff to sift through in the club shop at Braintree Town FC last Saturday, including lots of programmes (both BTFC and others), lots of badges (ditto), old shirts and scarfs, and several large shelves of football books including Non-League Directories going back over a good number of seasons.

I really do like these jumble-sale-type club shops, and enjoyed this one greatly.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3