Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Lochgelly Albert Programme

Seagull
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2009, 12:38 PM

Post #1 of 13 (9404 views)
Shortcut
Lochgelly Albert Programme Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lochgelly Albert are now issuing regularly this season in the East Central Juniors.

Editor Jimmy Brown kindly sent me one from the game v Lochore Welfare on 10/10/09 and very tidy it is too.

16 pages including a colour photo on the cream card cover will set you back 1, the amount of reading matter is impressive and all the basics are included.

Any club who has "Catering Conveners" in amongst their list of club officials should get your vote - Harriet and Jock are purveyors of the "Tastiest Savouries in the League" Cool

And for those who collect such things, badges, woolly hats and scarves are available.

jimmyb
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 16, 2009, 7:03 PM

Team(s): Lochgelly Albert, Bath City, Odd Down

Post #2 of 13 (8173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers for that Andy.

Sent a copy to Non League Digest for a review and Steve gave it a very good write up.

If anyone is interested, we still have a few copies for sale for the 3 matches we have issued so far. Rosyth (4 copies left), Lochore Welfare (2 Copies) and Luncarty (3 copies) for 1 + 1st class stamp for postage.

ITFC Fife
Junior Team Star

Sep 16, 2011, 2:36 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town & Fossoway AFC

Post #3 of 13 (6909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyb] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to let you know that I've revamped the Lochgelly Albert match programmes for 2011/12 with Jimmy. Tomorrow's game with Kelty Hearts will be our first edition at 24 pages (previous 20 pages).

I've put an online version of one of the earlier programmes onto our website as a free trial, e-version.

http://www.lochgellyalbertjfc.co.uk/...20-%203%20spread.pdf

Would welcome any feedback.

(This post was edited by ITFC Fife on Sep 16, 2011, 2:39 PM)

boyspen
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 20, 2011, 1:22 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 13 (6775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ITFC Fife] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Just one suggestion regarding the design - and this may be partly down to reading it on a PC rather than on paper - I found the font you've used for the main blocks of text a bit difficult to read. It looked like it was more suitable for headings/small blocks of text, rather than body text.

Flickr photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedribblingcode/albums
Blog (match/ground reviews) at:
http://thedribblingcode.wordpress.com
@dribblingcode on Twitter

ITFC Fife
Junior Team Star

Sep 24, 2011, 11:44 PM

Post #5 of 13 (6653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boyspen] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Just one suggestion regarding the design - and this may be partly down to reading it on a PC rather than on paper - I found the font you've used for the main blocks of text a bit difficult to read. It looked like it was more suitable for headings/small blocks of text, rather than body text.

Fair point, thanks. I've subsequently increased the font slightly and we've now actually gone fully glossy (albeit at the expense of now not being all colour).

Previous copies of the new (paper) format sold out just about. Today's first-glossy programme actually sold out more than 40 minutes before kick off.

Admittedly we haven't printed (so far) any more than we did last season, but I think we're going to print more as the demand and feedback has been extremely positive.

By going to a local printing firm, we have also found out it's cheaper than doing it ourself, is far better quality and we're actually making money assuming we sell most of the programmes we print (which we have) without tapping into the advertising money too.

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 27, 2011, 9:37 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #6 of 13 (6528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ITFC Fife] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Impressive looking programme. May well send off for one at some point during the season, so expect a PM as to where to send of payment shortly!

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

rambler77
First Team Star

Sep 27, 2011, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #7 of 13 (6509 views)
Shortcut

Just had a look online and a very impressive programme. I liked the layout, information contained within the programme and also the font used in the main text.

Well worth a 1.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

ITFC Fife
Junior Team Star

Sep 30, 2011, 8:09 PM

Post #8 of 13 (6358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Impressive looking programme. May well send off for one at some point during the season, so expect a PM as to where to send of payment shortly!

No problems at all. We'll be looking to possibly make it available through the club's website to with payment through Paypal or something too, to make it easier for people.

alfie
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 16, 2011, 7:26 PM

Team(s): Ossett Albion, Linton Granta, Cambridge United, Dunfermline Athletic

Post #9 of 13 (5575 views)
Shortcut

are there many other Junior Clubs that produce a programme, in paticular fife clubs

Alfie

grant
Junior Team Star

Nov 16, 2011, 8:19 PM

Team(s): Luncarty

Post #10 of 13 (5567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alfie] Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From the East Region Central League Lochgelly Albert, Luncarty, Steelend Vics & Kinnoull issue regularly.

St. Andrews United & Ballingry Rovers issue, and usually Kelty Hearts as well.

alfie
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 23, 2011, 8:09 AM

Team(s): Ossett Albion, Linton Granta, Cambridge United, Dunfermline Athletic

Post #11 of 13 (5296 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Just to let you know that I've revamped the Lochgelly Albert match programmes for 2011/12 with Jimmy. Tomorrow's game with Kelty Hearts will be our first edition at 24 pages (previous 20 pages).

I've put an online version of one of the earlier programmes onto our website as a free trial, e-version.

Would welcome any feedack.

good especially at this level
it is good to see the club making the effort

Alfie

jakky11
Ballboy/girl

Jan 6, 2012, 12:17 PM

Post #12 of 13 (4015 views)
Shortcut
Lochgelly Albert Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

After the successful launch of the new revamped Lochgelly Albert matchday programme .

ITFC Fife
Junior Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 10:19 PM

Post #13 of 13 (3510 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I thought I'd give you all an update to the work I've been doing on the Lochgelly Albert programme during the season. Tomorrow's match (pitch inspection permitting) will be Issue 9.

The programme has gone on in leaps and bounds since the issue I attached the link to above. We are selling more and more each game and getting interest from both within Lochgelly and football fans in general (someone actually turned up at a game, bought 2 programmes and went home again without seeing the game!!!).

Here is a link to last week's programme against Dundonald. I've taken on board some of the comments raised here and by other people. It does look better in print, but does look good online in full colour too!

http://www.lochgellyalbertjfc.co.uk/...%20prog%20140112.pdf

Jimmy has also been a great help and without him providing some of the articles, I couldn't have produced what we have done. Thanks Jimmy!

Further feedback is appreciated. Smile

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3