September World Cup Qualifiers.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 11, 2009, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #26 of 30 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] September World Cup Qualifyers. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Text just received from a number my phone hasn't recognised, but thanks anyway :

"Tonight on BBC1 at 9pm - World Cup Preview. Apart from viewers in Scotland. Instead they will get the classic film Out of Africa."

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 11, 2009, 8:42 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #27 of 30 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] September World Cup Qualifyers. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FIFA wants to change the rules on naturalisation so as a player needs five years residence before he can play internationally.
Previously, it has only been the country's own immigration rules that count.

Several Asian and African nations have been taking advantage of lax rules, and further back there were the Nigerians playing for Poland.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 12, 2009, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #28 of 30 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] September World Cup Qualifyers. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

4th - Ecuador 23, 5th - Argentina 22, 6th - Uruguay 21, 7th - Venezuela 21, 8th - Colombia 20 points.

Am i correct in thinking that Venezuela are the only South American country (ignoring the two that play in Concacaf) that haven't reached the world cup finals? I really hope they can make it this year but the odds seem stacked against them sadly!

not checked up but I think - apart from last 8-12 years or so
traditionally they were well and truly the whipping boys of S America qualies
I m sure I heard a fact that made them (back in history) sound as bad a San Marino
and now its Peru - who to me were one the highlights of the first World Cup I remember ('78)

If Venezuela beat Brazil and Paraguay then Argentina will have to win their last 2 games to finish fourth meaning a win in Uruguay would be a must.

Venezuela's opponents have both quailfied and neither has any affection for Argentina. Hmmmm, conspiracy theory .....Wink

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 13, 2009, 2:32 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #29 of 30 (1524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] September World Cup Qualifyers. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Next you'll be trying to tell us that Peru gifted Argentina their passage in 1978 in that 6-0 game Tongue

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 11, 2009, 1:21 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #30 of 30 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] September World Cup Qualifyers. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Slovenia finish against San Marino, which has quite an (unexplored) effect on Group 3.

Slovakia (top) v Slovenia (2nd) is up next time. A win for Slovenia would mean Slovakia have to win in Poland to top the group ahead of Slovenia. A draw would be enough for Slovakia top and Slovenia 2nd, if Czech failed to beat Poland, assuming San Marino is a gimme. If the Czech's win v Poland, Slovenia's 2nd position is under threat if they fail to win in Slovakia, due to a poorer head to head record.

Northern Ireland (and Poland) only have a chance of 2nd if Slovenia slipped up against San Marino, due to poorer head-to-head results.

TYS

Excellent campaign from Slovenia. Now Slovakia have to go to Poland and win to go through.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (923) Sportplatz Aspern SV Aspern 4-2 Maccabi Wien
With FC United: 132
On the agenda:
29/6 Coventry Bears v Doncaster

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3