Midland Regional Alliance 09/10

Aggedor
Deleted

Aug 4, 2009, 10:28 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 13 (3985 views)
Shortcut
Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 Can't Post or

Just had my copy of the MRA handbook for the new season - Secretary David Harwood's son works with me so always acquires a copy for me as soon as they come out!! Changes for 2009/10:

Premier:
In: Allenton United, Chellaston (both promoted from Div 1)
Out: Dronfield Town (promoted to CML), Ripley (Relegated to Div 1), Eastwood Reserves, Ilkeston Reserves (disappeared - Conf North Reserve League?). Division drops to 18 clubs from 20 last season.

Div 1:
In: Cotes Park, Findern, Shirland Athletic (all promoted from Div 2), Punjab United (new), Ripley (from Premier), and now rebranded as Ripley Town. Interesting - last I heard the name "Ripley Town" was still owned by the Chairman of the club of that name that folded about five years ago. Findern are now based in Shardlow at the home of former CML club Shardlow St James. Punjab have settled at an athletics stadium in Derby.
Out: Allenton, Chellaston (Promoted to premier), Dronfield Town Reserves (to CML Reserve league?), Woolley Moor (relegated), and Beeston (looks as if they've folded)

Div 2:
In: Findern Reserves, Mickleover RBL Reserves (both are new), Derby Royals (completely new club based at a school in Littleover), Wooley Moor United (from Div 1)
Out: Cotes Park, Findern, Shirland (all promoted), Little Eaton Reserves (folded)

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 4, 2009, 10:44 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #2 of 13 (3976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Beeston haven't folded, they've joined the Notts Senior League.

Punjab are sharing the Moorways Athletics Stadium in Derby with Chellaston. Findern played last season at Shardlow as well.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 4, 2009, 11:22 PM

Post #3 of 13 (3964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Amazing - 2008/9 East Midlands Senior League champions Derby Royals play at Moorway Community School, Moorway Lane, Littleover, formerly (in grammar school times) Derby School which moved there from St. Helen's House near the Town Centre in Summer 1966, just in time for my final term at the school. Having previously seen an MRA team called Santos (not the same as the one which played in the CML) at Parker's Piece, the school's former playing field, I should now have the chance to see a game at the "new" one. Might have to wait a while though as Div 2 is infested with reserves............

UKPunk

Aug 4, 2009, 11:31 PM

Post #4 of 13 (3962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Might have to wait a while though as Div 2 is infested with reserves............

You make it sound like someone should call a pest exterminator. Cool

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Aug 5, 2009, 7:36 AM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #5 of 13 (3919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

those of you from the Derby area may be interested to know that it looks like the Derby City League seem to have started an archive - 0nly 68/69 on so far and there was nt an under 1's league then so I'll have to wait a bit to remind me how bad my team was

In the 68/69 season it seems that most were employing a 2-3-5 formation judging by the goals

http://www.dcfls.com/Archive/Index.aspx

Veteran

Aug 5, 2009, 10:13 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To
Might have to wait a while though as Div 2 is infested with reserves............

You make it sound like someone should call a pest exterminator. Cool

Absolutely. Reserve teams in what should be first team competitions are a complete pest and should be exterminated forthwith .

dottirofhod

Aug 5, 2009, 10:15 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 13 (3875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

a complete pest and should be exterminated forthwith .

Know a few people like that , relax Veteran my list does not include you . After all you do drive Angelic

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

IAN S
First Team Star

Aug 5, 2009, 10:56 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #8 of 13 (3854 views)
Shortcut

Glad to say that I totally agree with this one, although in a league as low as this it is to be expected.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Aug 5, 2009, 11:24 AM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #9 of 13 (3842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I ve got to say that going from a very anti ressies at any part of the pyramid - which of course the MRA is nt officially yet - I find my self in older age getting more confused!

I know Derbyshire well - and many of the teams in the MRA are biggish suburbs, villages and town with a distinct character and fairly well defined borders (on schools you went to etc)
I have become more of an advocate of the Dutch / Belgian / French style (from limited knowledge of touring with footy and basketball) of a more sporting club mentality.

Certainly this system should help in several ways

a strong community identity - on tours abroad a tournament is often supported by the whole community - in a basketball tournament in Belgium we were invited to the Bowls club 50th - wow you think - several hundred people in a beer tent in the centre with all the basketball teams invited - everyone knew it was on

as with business a pooling of resources makes economies - though more with regards to having on person to do all accounts, go for grants, caretaking , ground maintenance etc

I think also a say Derby County U18 in the MRA may bring in a few more fans - and I'd of got my boots sharpened for playing against them (though perhaps thats the prob)

I'd like to 3rd 4th and 5th teams, vets etc like rugby

The other thing occuring to me is the longevity of a lot of youth only teams certainly here. because there is a larger core of volunteers, not a committee of 3 or 4 - someone will cover or share the burden

Others know better than me but I also think in some countries a lower lever team welcome their fixture with whoever 2nd

Groundhopping wise not great unless you like ticking off all pitches in a complex (played all Racecourse and Chester Green and most of Knavesmire - normally seemed to pitch 27 or someut though)

One other is mixing and matching sports - we've seen from other sports - RL teams being player short, athletics matches either short or getting a shot putter to run 100m - I think you would get more crossover
perhaps the best analogy for me was playing college sport at York Uni - I got cajoled / drunk enough to represent not only football, rugby, cricket, athletics, pool, darts, hockey and basketball I'd have had a crack at owt

I have nt convinced myself but

KnowYourMarket

Aug 5, 2009, 12:52 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #10 of 13 (3813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having culled some leagues from my target list (Southampton League and Wilstshire League) I've added the Midlands Regional Alliance to my targetted leagues. Probably make my debut next Wednesday at Allenton United.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

jrev61

Aug 5, 2009, 8:21 PM

Team(s): None

Post #11 of 13 (3740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
those of you from the Derby area may be interested to know that it looks like the Derby City League seem to have started an archive - 0nly 68/69 on so far and there was nt an under 1's league then so I'll have to wait a bit to remind me how bad my team was

In the 68/69 season it seems that most were employing a 2-3-5 formation judging by the goals

http://www.dcfls.com/Archive/Index.aspx

That's much too young for organised football.Smile

jrev61

UKPunk

Aug 5, 2009, 8:46 PM

Post #12 of 13 (3729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Having culled some leagues from my target list (Southampton League and Wilstshire League) I've added the Midlands Regional Alliance to my targetted leagues. Probably make my debut next Wednesday at Allenton United.

But will you be including the ressies Nick? Personally I'm in agreement with veteran. Ressies in first team leagues must be exterminated!! Mad (Especially those that pretend to be a different club.)

As must all the individuals on my sh*tlist. As L7 sang.....

When I get mad, and I get p*ssed
I grab my pen and I right out a list
Of all the people who won't be missed
You've made my sh*tlist!

I'll bet your sh*tlist is a hefty tome on a par with 'War And Peace', Hoddy. Cool

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

KnowYourMarket

Aug 6, 2009, 10:56 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #13 of 13 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Midland Regional Alliance 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I won't watch reserves at home (unless they have their own ground) but have no problem with ressies as the away team.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3