2009 /10 draw now on website
http://www.barksonashfa.co.uk
First round Monday 27 July then succeeding Monday's

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2009, 9:00 AM

Post #2 of 19 (2009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'T' missing from link,
this one works
http://www.barkstonashfa.co.uk/

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

Loiner
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2009, 10:30 AM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #3 of 19 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks Rob.Wink

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 28, 2009, 5:47 PM

Post #4 of 19 (1973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

2 clubs new to me:

Kippax FC - is this the old Athletic or Welfare (or perhaps a merger of the 2)?

More interestingly, Micklefield Town who I hope will be playing at the fully railed pitch with covered standing, next to the railway line, which I believe has hosted Yorkshire League games in the past.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2009, 7:22 PM

Post #5 of 19 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Possibly Kippax Athletic ? Welfare folded last summer, although Leeds Red triangle team Kippax Royal Oak emerged from their ashes.

Micklefield Town - new one to me. Possible newcomers to the West Yorks or Selby leagues this year ?? The West Yorks league AGM is tomorrow (Monday) so might find out soon.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

(This post was edited by robgrillo on Jun 28, 2009, 7:23 PM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Jun 28, 2009, 9:46 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #6 of 19 (1946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
2 clubs new to me:

Kippax FC - is this the old Athletic or Welfare (or perhaps a merger of the 2)?

More interestingly, Micklefield Town who I hope will be playing at the fully railed pitch with covered standing, next to the railway line, which I believe has hosted Yorkshire League games in the past.

It is a former Yorkshire league ground. Micklefield Welfare spent 3 seasons in the mid to late 60's in Division 2 (with thanks to the FCHD website for this info).

I've also seen West Riding County Amateur League football on that ground in the mid 80's, when Gascoigne United played there.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 29, 2009, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 19 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What level of clubs are we talking of here? DO they field their first XI?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2009, 6:48 PM

Post #8 of 19 (1906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have a feeling the Templenewsam Cup includes Sunday teams as well as 'local' and West Yorks league teams. It's not the Barkston Ash's flagship competition - possibly a charity one.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 29, 2009, 7:32 PM

Post #9 of 19 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What level of clubs are we talking of here? DO they field their first XI?

Games I have have seen in the competition have certainly been taken seriously and, to take one example, Sherburn White Rose (West Yorks League Premier Division) show the fixtures in the First Team section of their website.

Loiner
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2009, 11:56 PM

Post #10 of 19 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have a feeling the Templenewsam Cup includes Sunday teams as well as 'local' and West Yorks league teams. It's not the Barkston Ash's flagship competition - possibly a charity one.

Clubs usually field a strong side.
As far as I can see there are 2 Sunday sides in it - Black Swan,Barwick and Barwick Sunday.
Micklefield Town are shown on "FAC" as BA FA.
Kippax could be a name change!
Tadcaster Albion probably reserves!
Bramham are Harrogate Premier.
Garforth Rangers and Garforth WMC both Selby League.
Selby RSSC, T&L, Thorpe United are York & District.
The remaining 5 are all West Yorkshire League sides.

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 30, 2009, 4:47 PM

Post #11 of 19 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or

From my experience it's a competition that most clubs take seriously and the only drawback I have found is that some usual venues have not been available and games have been switched elsewhere, sometimes at short notice.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 22, 2009, 12:40 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #12 of 19 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to their website, Garforth Rangers' 1st round game next Monday has been switched to Aberford Albion.

That leaves a game at Tate & Lyle Selby, but the York League site on Football Mitoo suggests they groundshare at Selby Town.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

noprogs
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2009, 9:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 19 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
According to their website, Garforth Rangers' 1st round game next Monday has been switched to Aberford Albion.

That leaves a game at Tate & Lyle Selby, but the York League site on Football Mitoo suggests they groundshare at Selby Town.

If that's permanent it's new for this season - last year they played their home games at Selby College

Loiner
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2009, 11:35 PM

Post #14 of 19 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The club list on the York League site has Selby College together with relevant contact details, but as Steve says Mittoo gives Selby Town for a league game. Could be that the College facilities are not available during the summer break.

Veteran

Jul 23, 2009, 10:10 PM

Post #15 of 19 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or

I have received a very prompt reply to an E mail enquiry to the Tate and Lyle secretary - the game next Monday IS at Selby Town and they have moved and will share there for the coming season.

So bang goes my "tick" for Monday ..................

Veteran

Jul 30, 2009, 11:12 AM

Post #16 of 19 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or

Further to my previous post I have done a little follow up research and it seems T and L are likely to be Selby Town Reserves in all but name. In particular Selby Town entry on Find a Club shows their reserves as members of the York League whereas there is no sign of them under that name anywhere in the York League. Conversely T and L are only shown as "First Team - Barkston Ash FA" !!

Wonder if the York League know ?

Loiner
First Team Star

Jul 30, 2009, 11:53 PM

Post #17 of 19 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Barkston Ash FA Templenewsam Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Further to my previous post I have done a little follow up research and it seems T and L are likely to be Selby Town Reserves in all but name. In particular Selby Town entry on Find a Club shows their reserves as members of the York League whereas there is no sign of them under that name anywhere in the York League. Conversely T and L are only shown as "First Team - Barkston Ash FA" !!

Wonder if the York League know ?

Probably will not bother them as Tadcaster Albion Reserves are already members of the York & Distict League.

Loiner
First Team Star

Aug 2, 2009, 10:35 AM

Post #18 of 19 (1481 views)
Shortcut

The Bramham website shows the T & L v Bramhan game as a 7.30pm ko at Selby Town.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Aug 2, 2009, 1:51 PM

Post #19 of 19 (1469 views)
Shortcut

Micklefield Town are , as I thought, a new club - they are in the Selby league this season

No Kippax Royal Oak though, although they may have changed their name.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3