Aggedor
Deleted

Jun 26, 2009, 9:40 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 14 (3369 views)
Shortcut
Mid Wales League 09/10 Can't Post or

At last night’s AGM, the following was confirmed re promotion and relegation:

Out: TNS Res (folded), Caersws Res (withdrawn), Berriew (promoted), Kerry (relegated).
In: Llansantffraid Village, Hay St Mary, Dolgellau
Newtown Res and Aberystwyth Res leave at the end of 2009/10.

From 2010/11, the MWL will drop to 16 clubs in line with FAW directives handed down by UEFA. However, permission has been granted for the League to add a second division and reserve division if they so wish, a proposal that will be discussed in the forthcoming months by the League’s Executive committee.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 26, 2009, 10:15 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 14 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has Leo given his consent ? Cool

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 27, 2009, 10:11 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 14 (3215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't look at me Hod - I have always believed that the leagues should decide these things.
My comment on another thread was that it was wrong for FAW to order the league to do something, and then falsely say it is a UEFA rule.
I did, of course, want to slightly alter the order of Aggedor's hop games - but I know better than to argue with AggedorShocked

It would be good, though, if another team starting "Llan..." could enter the fray for the final hop

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chris1963

Jun 27, 2009, 10:55 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 14 (3207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nice to see Llansanttfraid on the way back up after the way TNS treated their village so badly by moving to Oswestry (which isn't even in Wales - I for one wouldn't object if UEFA did something about that.)

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jun 27, 2009, 1:53 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #5 of 14 (3190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure that TNS have “treated their village so badly” as they stated all along the intention was to move the club to a “new” stadium in Oswestry as the only practical area where a ground could be used for hosting European games.

TNS the company paved the way for considerable improvements to the Llansanttfraid village ground and before moving the club over the border sort written permission from UEFA that they were not breaking any rules.

I don’t agree with the move from Wales to England but I think it is unfair to say TNS football club or company have treated their village so badly.

Aggedor
Deleted

Jun 27, 2009, 4:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 14 (3176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Don't look at me Hod - I have always believed that the leagues should decide these things.
My comment on another thread was that it was wrong for FAW to order the league to do something, and then falsely say it is a UEFA rule.
I did, of course, want to slightly alter the order of Aggedor's hop games - but I know better than to argue with AggedorShocked

It would be good, though, if another team starting "Llan..." could enter the fray for the final hop

Oh dear. Another example of someone seeing a PROVISIONAL schedule and assuming that it's set in stone. As it is, I'd like to start at Presteigne, but it may be Rhayader, or Hay, or Newbridge, or somewhere different. It will be a four game hop, or maybe five, or maybe eleven. I don't know yet. There's a lot to take into account. I mean, I can't finalise the 2009 Welsh games yet due to problems with the Hellenic schedule and that's not 12 months away it's only two!!! (Oh, and "no, I won't elaborate" before you ask)

As for another Llan, let's hope they have a second division, with some more teams of that name and we'll save them especially for that year!!

Aggedor
Deleted

Jun 27, 2009, 4:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 14 (3174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Not sure that TNS have “treated their village so badly” as they stated all along the intention was to move the club to a “new” stadium in Oswestry as the only practical area where a ground could be used for hosting European games.

TNS the company paved the way for considerable improvements to the Llansanttfraid village ground and before moving the club over the border sort written permission from UEFA that they were not breaking any rules.

I don’t agree with the move from Wales to England but I think it is unfair to say TNS football club or company have treated their village so badly.

Congratulations. You're in a minority of one.

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jun 27, 2009, 7:19 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #8 of 14 (3135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn’t know there had been a vote on this, must have been a lot of spoilt ballot papers and a lost deposit.

Knowing the area fairly well from friends and relatives around Llansantfraid and Oswestry who follow local football I’m surprised by the turnout but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Keep up the good work with the hops; Mid Wales is an excellent choice.

KnowYourMarket

Jul 24, 2009, 7:09 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #9 of 14 (2949 views)
Shortcut

Looking at the fixtures for this league on BBC mid Wales I notice that there are fixtures for Caersws reserves but not UWA. Has anything changed?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

dottirofhod

Jul 24, 2009, 7:39 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #10 of 14 (2941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking at the fixtures for this league on BBC mid Wales I notice that there are fixtures for Caersws reserves but not UWA. Has anything changed?

No your eyesight is still poor , Aber Uni appear on mine ,Sept 30. Holidays perhaps !! Off in a mo , BYE !!!

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 24, 2009, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #11 of 14 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

UWA never start their season until late September due to being workshy students. They play catch up for the rest of the time by playing Sat/Sun on a regular basis.

acmold

Jul 25, 2009, 8:55 AM

Post #12 of 14 (2877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Is Aberystwyth University now their correct title, of can we still use University of Wales (Aberystwyth). I've noticed in the last couple of years the former seems to be used more than the latter.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2009, 6:54 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #13 of 14 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As mentioned in my "While in Wales" summary towards the end of last season, UWA appears to have changed its name. The large sign outside the ground is certainly firmly of that opinion!

Over the top
First Team Sub

Jul 27, 2009, 12:24 PM

Post #14 of 14 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] Mid Wales League 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Didn’t know there had been a vote on this, must have been a lot of spoilt ballot papers and a lost deposit.

Knowing the area fairly well from friends and relatives around Llansantfraid and Oswestry who follow local football I’m surprised by the turnout but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Keep up the good work with the hops; Mid Wales is an excellent choice.

The lost deposit would no doubt involve Mike Harris and precisely what he's done to Llansantfraid.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3