Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world !

vienna1964
Deleted

Jun 4, 2009, 1:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 15 (3738 views)
Shortcut
What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! Can't Post or

If an East/West split had been attempted in both the Northern Premier & Southern Leagues, a much more satisfactory distribution of teams in Step 4 could have been achieved - obviously further assuming that the F.A. Leagues' Committee actually had the gumption to face down Messrs. Turvey et al in the Isthmian !

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

(This post was edited by vienna1964 on Jun 4, 2009, 1:22 PM)

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2009, 1:32 PM

Post #2 of 15 (3722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can you produce a map? Us simple folk prefer pictures!

vienna1964
Deleted

Jun 4, 2009, 2:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 15 (3666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

I haven't the facility personally... but I know a man who can. I have messaged him, so wait and see !

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

Dovecote
Youth Team Regular

Jun 4, 2009, 2:57 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I haven't the facility personally...

Yes you have - Google Maps.

stingray
First Team Star

Jun 4, 2009, 4:20 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #5 of 15 (3602 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If an East/West split had been attempted in both the Northern Premier & Southern Leagues, a much more satisfactory distribution of teams in Step 4 could have been achieved

Thank God it wasn't.Crazy

2019/20 stats

41 goals in 10 games
104.95 spent

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 4, 2009, 8:26 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dovecote] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

How would you do it with Google maps? I've had a look but can't see anything. I'd be interested to know though.

vienna1964
Deleted

Jun 4, 2009, 9:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 15 (3423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dovecote] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

So I have ! Forgot those. I'll have a fiddle...

Three Sides
Reserve Team Star

Jun 4, 2009, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge

Post #8 of 15 (3407 views)
Shortcut

I have all steps (1-5) already in my google map collection,

I could do a new map within an hour or so if that would help?/save you time?

Three Sides
Reserve Team Star

Jun 4, 2009, 10:58 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Three Sides] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maps now available at http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Step4Vienna1964.htm

Only accurate to postcode tonight, if they are of use to anyone I will correct accuracy to the centre circles of the pitch over the weekend.

(This post was edited by Three Sides on Jun 4, 2009, 11:04 PM)

vienna1964
Deleted

Jun 4, 2009, 11:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 15 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Three Sides] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

Aaaah, cheers 3sides ! It'd taken me an hour to do just the single division, myself... looks like I need some practice ! lol

Note that Rothwell is actually between Kettering & Desborough, rather a ways Northward of where it appears on your map.

Also, wondering (as I did at the time I originated it) whether Bracknell & Woodford ought to be swapped around ?

In the end I didn't opt for that because that Southern (East) Division looked far too small in footprint terms when compared with the others - but it would be a logical possibility.

(This post was edited by vienna1964 on Jun 4, 2009, 11:19 PM)

Three Sides
Reserve Team Star

Jun 4, 2009, 11:37 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3330 views)
Shortcut

Rothwell now corrected (pin accurate to centre circle of ground)

Bracknell and Woodford swapped (looks better in my opinion)

You may need to refresh the page (F5) for the new maps to show: http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Step4Vienna1964.htm

(This post was edited by Three Sides on Jun 4, 2009, 11:39 PM)

AndyE
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2009, 12:07 AM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 15 (3304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Three Sides] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aarggh!

In general I quite like Vienna's scheme, but having Chatham in the same division as Lowestoft and not in the same division as Sittingbourne would be hard to swallow.

That said, I can't at once produce a better scheme without having Surrey clubs in a division mainly filled with Herts and Beds clubs. Then again, why not - it's been Kent teams which have been put in the "wrong" division in recent years, why shouldn't it be Surrey's turn!

vienna1964
Deleted

Jun 5, 2009, 1:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 15 (3289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] What 2009-10 Step 4 would have looked like in a logical world ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

Agreed, but it could be done so...

Chatham, VCD & Croydon to Isthmian S; Fleet & the two Walton teams to Southern E; Ware, Cheshunt & Enfield to Isthmian N.

The only team left in a slightly ambiguous placing is then Dulwich.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 5, 2009, 1:32 PM

Post #14 of 15 (3162 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Agreed, but it could be done so...

Chatham, VCD & Croydon to Isthmian S; Fleet & the two Walton teams to Southern E; Ware, Cheshunt & Enfield to Isthmian N.

The only team left in a slightly ambiguous placing is then Dulwich.

Am I the only one waiting to see what Mishi thinks? Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 5, 2009, 1:59 PM

Post #15 of 15 (3143 views)
Shortcut

Sudbury continue to show their disapproval: http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/...e=FULL&nid=58290

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3