INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Gloucester/Worcester

Claret&Green
Junior Team Regular

May 19, 2009, 3:29 PM

Team(s): Burnley; Forest Green Rovers & Kerkyra (Greek 2nd Div)

Post #1 of 6 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Gloucester/Worcester Can't Post or Reply Privately

I maybe thick or something but can someone tell me why Worcester City are staying in Blue Square South and Gloucester City are going into Blue Square North, they'll be passing each other on the M6 every other week!

coupwotcoup
First Team Star

May 19, 2009, 3:33 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Claret&Green] Gloucester/Worcester [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think that Worcester cannot be forced to change twice in five years.. I am sure the talking heads on here will verify this.

Pre-1970 football programmes wanted. Good prices paid for good condition collections. Have thousands for sale, League and Non League. PM with wants lists or for quotes. Especially required pre-1978 Romford home and aways, plus FA Trophy programmes from any rounds from seasons 69-70 and 70-1.

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

May 19, 2009, 3:41 PM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting, Bromsgrove Rovers, Tottenham H, Gainsborough Trinity

Post #3 of 6 (1506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coupwotcoup] Gloucester/Worcester [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I believe an undertaking was given that they would not be forced to change back again within three years of the original change unles the club consented to a change. There were rumblings that they might wish to return to Conference North is asked.

It will be quite a trip for them if they are using the M6 for Conference South games from Worcester - sorry couldn't resist that cheap shot!Pirate

(This post was edited by StokePriorAndy on May 19, 2009, 3:42 PM)

pokal02
First Team Star

May 19, 2009, 7:37 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #4 of 6 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StokePriorAndy] Gloucester/Worcester [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One answer could be to gradually make Step 2 'North & West' and 'South & East' and keep fingers crossed that Truro don't get promoted again!!

dave
First Team Star

May 19, 2009, 8:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Gloucester/Worcester [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The traveling to Truro problem has to be one of the most overrated things ever. Its a lot worst for Truro who have 21 away trips, as opposed to each team having to make one away trip to Truro.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 20, 2009, 9:37 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Gloucester/Worcester [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
One answer could be to gradually make Step 2 'North & West' and 'South & East' and keep fingers crossed that Truro don't get promoted again!!

I think Richard Rundle once said from where he lives travelling north is more or less the same as travelling to the South East.

Just looked on a route planner and Truro to Dover is in fact a few miles further than Truro to Manchester, and Truro to Newcastle is only 30 miles further than Truro to Lowestoft.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3