Kings Lynn

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2009, 1:06 PM

Post #1 of 27 (5255 views)
Shortcut
Kings Lynn Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kings Lynn FC have failed their ground grading and are to be relegated from Conference North at the end of the season. I was informed of this on Monday evening but official news has only appeared on the club's website today. The article states that the club are presently preparing an appeal. I understand that Kings Lynn's relegation would mean a reprieve for the third bottom club in the Conference South, either Thurrock FC or Dorchester Town FC (the third bottom club in Conference North having already been reprieved as a result of the Team Bath situation).

AndyE
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2009, 1:14 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #2 of 27 (5238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If this decision stands, which of the Step 3 leagues would King's Lynn prefer to be placed in? The club has been in the the NPL and the SL at different times, and with the current campaign for East Anglia to be considered as Isthmian territory ...

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 22, 2009, 1:18 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #3 of 27 (5234 views)
Shortcut

Are we going to get a season where no-one in the relegation zone gets relegated?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2009, 1:25 PM

Post #4 of 27 (5218 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I understand that Kings Lynn's relegation would mean a reprieve for the third bottom club in the Conference South, either Thurrock or Dorchester Town (the third bottom club in Conference North having already been reprieved as a result of the Team Bath situation).

Um...isn't this back-to-front or do you something we don't know?!

(This post was edited by Mr. T on Apr 22, 2009, 1:26 PM)

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2009, 2:08 PM

Post #5 of 27 (5187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I understand that Kings Lynn's relegation would mean a reprieve for the third bottom club in the Conference South, either Thurrock or Dorchester Town (the third bottom club in Conference North having already been reprieved as a result of the Team Bath situation).

My understanding is that, in these situations, the 20th placed club with the highest points total is reprieved first. Therefore, when it was known that Team Bath were going, Hyde United were due a reprieval as they have more points than Thurrock. Now that another club is due to be demoted, the other 20th placed club will be reprieved even if (as is possible) the 21st placed club in the other division finishes with more points. Of course, the powers that be could always change the rules again! Crazy

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2009, 2:16 PM

Post #6 of 27 (5176 views)
Shortcut

"My understanding is that, in these situations, the 20th placed club with the highest points total is reprieved first."

Yes, but where that's done it would normally only be decided after all matches have been played. However, in this case wouldn't the first reprieve go to a club in FCN? As you say, "...the powers that be could always change the rules again!" very probably. I expect we'll be having this discussion again when the line-ups are finally announced and are full of contradictions.

I am puzzled by this story, though. If Corby have passed their inspection (which they have, according to one posting on their forum last autumn) then how on Earth can KL's vastly superior stadium fail? To me, it doesn't appear to need that much to bring it up to FL status.

(This post was edited by Mr. T on Apr 22, 2009, 2:19 PM)

Sarumio

Apr 22, 2009, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 27 (5173 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

My understanding is that, in these situations, the 20th placed club with the highest points total is reprieved first. Therefore, when it was known that Team Bath were going, Hyde United were due a reprieval as they have more points than Thurrock. Now that another club is due to be demoted, the other 20th placed club will be reprieved even if (as is possible) the 21st placed club in the other division finishes with more points. Of course, the powers that be could always change the rules again! Crazy

Maybe they've picked on King's Lynn on purpose to avoid having to choose between Thurrock and Hyde United when issuing the reprieve for Team Bath's exit from the pyramid. This way no one can complain and no one is completely certain who's reprieve is for which of the reasons. Sneaky FA!

How King's Lynn can be relegated on ground grading is beyond belief - crappy petty rules aside I refuse to believe that King's Lynn have anything like the worst ground in Conference North - its on of the better venues from what I have seen.

vienna1964
Deleted

Apr 22, 2009, 6:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 27 (5011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or

I'm 99.9% certain that you cannot reprieve a team in a parallel division to that in which the demoted team has been expelled... with the possible expedient that if (at Step 2, say) four or more teams from the same division be demoted simultaneously - in which case there would have to be an allowance being made.

Likewise, I'm equally certain that the oft quoth P.P.G. determinant across the board - is only appropriate when reprieving a vacancy arising, as opposed to a demotion within division.

Thus Team Bath's demise can only reprieve a Conference South team and similarly King's Lynn's putative punishment could only affect a Conference North side.

Either teams' 'knock-on' into lower divisions would naturally be effected throughout the level and would serve to reprieve any team with the most superior P.P.G. stats, subject to any within-division demotions in each/either - which would necessarily require reprieving first !

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

ladderman

Apr 22, 2009, 6:53 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #9 of 27 (5002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thus Team Bath's demise can only reprieve a Conference South team and similarly King's Lynn's putative punishment could only affect a Conference North side.

That isn't what the Conference are telling the clubs.

vienna1964
Deleted

Apr 22, 2009, 6:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 27 (4998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Does that surprise me ???

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

ladderman

Apr 22, 2009, 7:00 PM

Post #11 of 27 (4991 views)
Shortcut

I'd be surprised if it didBlush

Basically, they appear to make it up as they go along. How TB don't class as a club relegated from BSS is beyond me.

(This post was edited by ladderman on Apr 22, 2009, 8:37 PM)

dave
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #12 of 27 (4983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Are we going to get a season where no-one in the relegation zone gets relegated?

Or even if one more teams quits than the number of relegation places than....... oh yes I posted that exact same thing in January on the board.

Not that I expect it to happen, but this year more than any other it could happen.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 23, 2009, 5:04 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #13 of 27 (4705 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I'm 99.9% certain that you cannot reprieve a team in a parallel division to that in which the demoted team has been expelled... with the possible expedient that if (at Step 2, say) four or more teams from the same division be demoted simultaneously - in which case there would have to be an allowance being made.

Likewise, I'm equally certain that the oft quoth P.P.G. determinant across the board - is only appropriate when reprieving a vacancy arising, as opposed to a demotion within division.

Either teams' 'knock-on' into lower divisions would naturally be effected throughout the level and would serve to reprieve any team with the most superior P.P.G. stats, subject to any within-division demotions in each/either - which would necessarily require reprieving first !

That was last year's rules, the new ones are obviously just being drawn up Crazy

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (956) Wellington 0-2 Exmouth Town
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
15/10 FC United v Basford United
16/10 Ashland Rovers v Underwood Villa
19/10 Atherton Collieries v FC United

T P
Youth Team Star

Apr 23, 2009, 5:37 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 27 (4689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That was last year's rules, the new ones are obviously just being drawn up Crazy

Isn't it a bit early in the season for the FA to be drawing up rules? Wink

pokal02
First Team Star

Apr 24, 2009, 7:25 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #15 of 27 (4363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely there are worse grounds than Kings Lynn at Step 2?

Anyway, we will now have the ultimate Step 3 nightmare... Kings Lynn v Truro!!

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 24, 2009, 7:38 PM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #16 of 27 (4352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Which will be postponed on it's original date just as the visitors team coach arrives at the ground and will be re-arranged for a midweek date in March....Angelic Which of course, is more than possible...

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

VP

Apr 25, 2009, 12:03 PM

Post #17 of 27 (4151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Why's it a nightmare? I'm sure both teams could treat it as a weekend away for both players and fans.

UKPunk

Apr 25, 2009, 9:34 PM

Post #18 of 27 (4034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why's it a nightmare? I'm sure both teams could treat it as a weekend away for both players and fans.

Not if the fixture list dictates that the match is to be played on a Tuesday night in February they wouldn't! Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

VP

Apr 25, 2009, 9:51 PM

Post #19 of 27 (4021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not if the fixture list dictates that the match is to be played on a Tuesday night in February they wouldn't! Tongue

I agree on that point. I don't know how the individual leagues decide their fixtures but games like this should be scheduled on a Saturday when the weather's generally fine and not on an FA competitions weekend. Surely not too much to ask?
Of course any game can get postponed for any reason at any time of year but I find it a bit unadventurous when people think teams should be limited to playing the same clubs in their local area year in, year out.

I realise Kings Lynn and particularly Truro have a lot of travelling to do most weeks but a nice trip to the other side of the country once in a while is a good thing. Gotta remember the players are usually in their early 20's and the chance for a new night club to chat up the locals and get chucked out of is something some of them look forward to, even if it is in February.

Mad Bill
First Team Star

May 4, 2009, 4:07 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #20 of 27 (3688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Is there a link to exactly what the Conference are saying on the subject?

ladderman

May 5, 2009, 8:59 AM

Post #21 of 27 (3419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Conference tell the general public what's going on ? That would be mad, BillWink

I was told by a club official. And the demotion of Kings Lynn makes it irrelevant now. Though I suspect the original decision original influenced by the nightmare scenario of having to send a clearly southern club into the BSN.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 12, 2009, 4:35 PM

Post #22 of 27 (2960 views)
Shortcut

KL's appeal will be heard on Tuesday 26th May.

Mad Bill
First Team Star

May 12, 2009, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #23 of 27 (2804 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Dates arent their strongpoint. What odds they don't turn up?Wink

multilevel
Reserve Team Sub

May 13, 2009, 9:06 AM

Post #24 of 27 (2708 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I assume that this means that the allocations to Leagues for 2009/10 will be made "subject to this appeal".

If so then it is inconvenient for King's Lynn to not know where they will be, but they have a choice over this - to appeal or not to appeal.

However, it is also rather unfair on whatever club they choose to reprieve as a result of King's Lynn's demotion (presumably Hyde but who kows what they will decide to do). They will be in Conference North but may be demoted at a later date! Not great for their planning and nothing they can do about it.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2009, 11:38 AM

Post #25 of 27 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] Kings Lynn [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I assume that this means that the allocations to Leagues for 2009/10 will be made "subject to this appeal".

If so then it is inconvenient for King's Lynn to not know where they will be, but they have a choice over this - to appeal or not to appeal.

However, it is also rather unfair on whatever club [the FA/Conference] choose to reprieve as a result of King's Lynn's demotion (presumably Hyde but who kows what they will decide to do). They will be in Conference North but may be demoted at a later date! Not great for their planning and nothing they can do about it.

Similarly Cammell Laird in NPL and also those clubs which could be wound up in court and whose cases are to be heard in the next three weeks (Fisher today, Hyde next week and Merthyr). Two of these have been in trouble for a long time and their fate should have been settled well before the end of the season. A number of clubs will be waiting on news of reprieves (or transfers) because of this.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3