First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Daniel
Ballboy/girl

May 11, 2009, 1:11 PM

Post #26 of 37 (1458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi VP,

If you require any information on our plans at Eversley, please let me know.

I am the current Chairman and happy to provide details of our plans for the future etc. Either post on this subject, or send me a private message.

Unfortunately due to work commitments I am unlikely to be able to attend the game at Krooner Park tomorrow evening, otherwise I would have happily answered questions on the club in person.

Regards,
Daniel

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

May 11, 2009, 9:34 PM

Post #27 of 37 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Daniel] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pity you're not gonna be there tomorrow Daniel. Having said that, I don't finish work myself til around 7pm so I'll miss the first half.
I'm just interested in how you're getting on. I'd love to see you progress into the CCL until you get to the stage when you're challenging us for players and league position!

Can I ask why you're going for a 6.15 kick off?
Is it that you don't want to pay us the extra for the floodlights or are you trying to keep an advantage by hoping Epsom only have half a side due to not being able to leave work in time to get there?

You might want to answer that as a private message rather than put it in the public domain!

I've mentioned the game on our forum so you may get a few of us down there watching out of interest.
Might not.....

(This post was edited by VP on May 11, 2009, 9:37 PM)

Daniel
Ballboy/girl

May 11, 2009, 10:07 PM

Post #28 of 37 (1320 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Happy to reply to the questions on here. We are extremely grateful for Camberley helping us out by hiring us the pitch. However it's costing us 150 + VAT to hire the pitch without floodlights, which is a large amount for our club at this stage of the season. Therefore we opted to leave the kick off time as set by the league. We did offer Epsom the option of a later kick off, but they were happy with 6:15pm.

I am going to try and attend the last 30 mins tomorrow, so may see you after for a chat. All of my players know who I am, so ask any of them to point me out.

We're currently completing work in order to meet the CCL1 ground grading requirements. Hopefully all being well we will meet their standards and be able to progress the club forward.

I think it will be quite a few years before a club of our size are able to challenge the likes of Camberley for players! Congratulations on a successful season by the way!

Regards,
Daniel

VP

May 12, 2009, 9:04 AM

Post #29 of 37 (1262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Daniel] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blimey! We're cheap.

Windsor & Eton charge Bedfont Green 15000 a season!

Oh well, all that matters is that everyone's happy.

We were gonna be reseeding the pitch yesterday but I suppose a couple of days won't matter, especially as we're getting paid.

One more thing - I think we've got our Celtic club down there tonight so parking might be tight - there's plenty of room on the industrial estate if you don't manage to get into the car park although you usually find there are loads of spaces at the far end of the ground cos everyone parks next to the entrance.

(This post was edited by VP on May 12, 2009, 9:17 AM)

Sarumio

May 12, 2009, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #30 of 37 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Going back to Step 7 promotees....

Are any of the top 3 in the Midland Combination Division One eligible for promotion?

Castle Vale JKS, Stockingford Allotments Association and Dosthill Colts finished in the top 3 but none of them have lights do they? Are Castle Vale JKS linked to Castle Vale FC at all?

If no one is allowed up, then presumably no one will be relegated from the Premier Division.

In the other MFA feeder in the area - the WMRL - do Bilbrook have lights? Will the league allow Bridgnorth Town Reserves to enter the Premier. If 2nd and 3rd aren't allowed up i presume Bustleholme are safe from relegation?

Could be that both the Premier Divisions in these two league don't relegate anyone???

Jamesie
Deleted

May 12, 2009, 3:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #31 of 37 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Castle Vale JKS aren't linked to Castle Vale FC, but they share with them at Farnborough Road. As for Dosthill Colts, they share with Bolehall Swifts... who also have lights. Both of these have been sharing at these respective grounds since they joined the MidComb a few years ago, so it isn't a recent move of convenience. Never been to Stockinford though...

Could be that both the Premier Divisions in these two league don't relegate anyone??? Erm, no.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Sarumio

May 12, 2009, 3:48 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #32 of 37 (1128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah I didn't know about the Dosthill Colts groundshare, thought they had their own ground. It still means only Bartley Green will be relegated.

VP

May 12, 2009, 4:35 PM

Post #33 of 37 (1104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There was a CCL meeting last night.
Nothing definite but new names in CCL1 next season could be Eversley, Bedfont Sports and Croydon Municipal (which is Croydon Reserves under a new name).
Obviously the last one isn't a step 7 to step 6 promotion so forgive me for going off topic again!

grandad
Youth Team Regular

May 12, 2009, 5:52 PM

Team(s): Slought Town, Cheltenham Pilgrims, Rhostyllen, Barmouth & Dyffryn

Post #34 of 37 (1070 views)
Shortcut

What is the position regarding Wraysbury, who have loads of fixtures left, or have I missed something?

Once a Rebel, Always a Rebel

catweazle
Youth Team Sub

May 12, 2009, 6:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #35 of 37 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grandad] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wraysbury have resigned from the league.

acmold

May 12, 2009, 6:59 PM

Post #36 of 37 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Going back to Step 7 promotees....

Are any of the top 3 in the Midland Combination Division One eligible for promotion?

Castle Vale JKS, Stockingford Allotments Association and Dosthill Colts finished in the top 3 but none of them have lights do they? Are Castle Vale JKS linked to Castle Vale FC at all?

If no one is allowed up, then presumably no one will be relegated from the Premier Division.

In the other MFA feeder in the area - the WMRL - do Bilbrook have lights? Will the league allow Bridgnorth Town Reserves to enter the Premier. If 2nd and 3rd aren't allowed up i presume Bustleholme are safe from relegation?

Could be that both the Premier Divisions in these two league don't relegate anyone???

I don't think Stockingford or Bilbrook have lights.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

May 15, 2009, 9:32 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #37 of 37 (863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SWP Confirmed movement :

Premier Division - Increases from 19 to 20 clubs
IN - Bovey Tracey (From Div 1 East), Penzance (From Div 1 West)
OUT - Newton Abbot Spurs (Relegated to Div 1 East)

Division 1 East - Increases from 17 to 18 clubs
IN - Newton Abbot Spurs (From Premier), Bickleigh (From Devon & Exeter)
OUT - Bovey Tracey (Promoted to Premier)

Division 1 West - Remains at 17 clubs
IN - Perranporth (From Cornwall Combination)
OUT - Penzance (Promoted to Premier)

Notes :

Dispensation as per rule given to Bovey Tracey (lights) 2 years.
Dispensation order revoked on Newton Abbot Spurs (lights).

Exeter Civil Service refused Promotion as planning permission for lights has not been granted by local authority.

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3