First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

pokal02
First Team Star

Apr 19, 2009, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #1 of 37 (4342 views)
Shortcut
Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 Can't Post or Reply Privately

It strikes me that, apart from leagues like the Sussex and W Midlands that straddle these two steps, there will be very few Step 7 clubs able to step up next season.

Framlingham & Harborough will not finish in a promotion position. I can only think of Ramsey (to UCL) and Kirby Muxloe (to WM or NCE?) as likely candidates - there may be some in the North that I'm not aware of. Any other possibles, bearing in mind the requirement to have lights or at least plans for lights?

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Apr 19, 2009, 7:30 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #2 of 37 (4335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kirkby Muxloe are step 6
Several applied to NCEL (mentioned on their own site) and noises are that the EMCL will expand
When you bear in mind the CML Supreme clubs have lights in general the possibilty is there - but then there is who is allowed to go - would be suprised if there were no new step 6 in the NCEL, EMCL world

Trevor
Youth Team Regular

Apr 19, 2009, 10:30 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #3 of 37 (4239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Team Bury should move up from the Essex & Suffolk Border league this season, there should be no problems with their ground as they play home games at Bury Town

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 20, 2009, 9:58 AM

Post #4 of 37 (4136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Slimbridge from Glos Co to Hellenic, New College from Wilts Co to Hellenic - don't know if they have applied but both have lights.

Would Hayes United's enclosed 3G floodlit pitch be allowed to move up ?.

VP

Apr 20, 2009, 10:14 AM

Post #5 of 37 (4129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Combined Counties rules state:- Competition matches shall NOT be played on any synthetic or artificial grass surfaces without the prior written approval of the Board.

So that's a maybe, although I suspect probably not.

I'm guessing other possible leagues will have a similar rule.

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2009, 11:26 AM

Post #6 of 37 (4104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I understand that Hayes United wish to be considerd for the Hellenic League, rather than the Combined Counties?

Mek
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2009, 12:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 37 (4081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to re-confirm (from the thread on Non-League General):

Ramsey Town are not applying for UCL for next season - ground is not yet at required standard

Barnoldswick Town - to NWC1

VP

Apr 20, 2009, 4:36 PM

Post #8 of 37 (3974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I understand that Hayes United wish to be considerd for the Hellenic League, rather than the Combined Counties?

Just had a look and the Hellenic have the same rule as the CCL on this matter. I suspect leagues at this level have a template which they can alter if they feel the need as the rule is the same number (24) for both leagues and is worded exactly the same.

acmold

Apr 21, 2009, 11:58 AM

Post #9 of 37 (3791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Slimbridge from Glos Co to Hellenic, New College from Wilts Co to Hellenic - don't know if they have applied but both have lights.

Was at Highworth last night and one or two locals don't think New College have applied. Appears they may not want to take a gate, issue programmes, lay on tea and sandwiches for visiting offcials, etc. You could end up with another Team Bath / Loughborough University situation.

KnowYourMarket

Apr 21, 2009, 12:27 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #10 of 37 (3774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If there are vacancies in a step 6 league I thought you could apply as long as your facilities are up to scratch? Barnoldswick for instance are mid table but as there is a shortage of teams in the NWCFL they can join. This must apply to the East Midlands too so I doubt the CML can stop a team from joing the EMCL or NCE1? It is an abnormal situation for a step 7 division to be all floodlit and you would think to be fair to member clubs this requirement should be relaxed.

Most county leagues are at step 7 and happily play on non-floodlit arenas.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by modelhobbies on Apr 21, 2009, 12:29 PM)

Veteran

Apr 21, 2009, 12:34 PM

Post #11 of 37 (3767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Presumably, as usual we will get some teams in Sussex promoted from local Step 7 leagues to Sussex County 3 which is Step .... er ..... 7.

ianh
First Team Star

Apr 21, 2009, 3:57 PM

Post #12 of 37 (3684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If there are vacancies in a step 6 league I thought you could apply as long as your facilities are up to scratch?
I doubt the CML can stop a team from joing the EMCL or NCE1?

I shouldnt let Frank hear you say that LaughLaughLaugh

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2009, 11:57 AM

Post #13 of 37 (3555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
If there are vacancies in a step 6 league I thought you could apply as long as your facilities are up to scratch?
I doubt the CML can stop a team from joing the EMCL or NCE1?

I shouldnt let Frank hear you say that LaughLaughLaugh

Well, rightly or wrongly the CML couldn't stop Appleby Frodingham and Grimsby Borough joining the NCEL last summer although they both finished well down the Supreme Division.

Sarumio

Apr 22, 2009, 12:03 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #14 of 37 (3552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone know if Portland United have applied for promotion back the Wessex League - they won it last year but didn't apply, they look like they're going to win it again - with floodlights and a ground that meets the requirements they really ought to go up - its not fair on the rest of the DPL teams if they don't.

I presume Fleet Spurs are safe at the foot of the Division One table as it would take Portland and another to come up to force the Wessex League to relegate them - and I can;t see Codlen Common coming up depsite winning the HPL.

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Apr 22, 2009, 12:21 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #15 of 37 (3538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Anyone know if Portland United have applied for promotion back the Wessex League - they won it last year but didn't apply, they look like they're going to win it again - with floodlights and a ground that meets the requirements they really ought to go up - its not fair on the rest of the DPL teams if they don't.

Their website (which I seem to remember wasn't very up to date anyway) doesn't seem to work at all now. They definitely had something on there last year saying they weren't applying but would this time. I wondered if the move of other Dorset clubs towards the Western League might see them looking to do the same as they are so out on a limb. They would probably have lower mileages overall and two Dorset derbies.

acmold

Apr 22, 2009, 1:46 PM

Post #16 of 37 (3506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Their website (which I seem to remember wasn't very up to date anyway) doesn't seem to work at all now. They definitely had something on there last year saying they weren't applying but would this time. I wondered if the move of other Dorset clubs towards the Western League might see them looking to do the same as they are so out on a limb. They would probably have lower mileages overall and two Dorset derbies.

This came up a few weeks ago when I went to the ground. Talking to the supporters and reading the prog they don't want to go back into the Wessex, the Western would appear to be the favoured route as it is less travelling and bigger crowds and local derbies.

They had not got suitable lights at the time of my visit, they had lights but they said they could not use them and were looking to ugrade them. Though they looked as new as the ground, so I presume they are only 10 / 12 years old. If you look at the kick-off times for this season they have not used the lights, and cup games have kicked off as early as 1.45pm.

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Apr 22, 2009, 3:58 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #17 of 37 (3464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
They had not got suitable lights at the time of my visit, they had lights but they said they could not use them and were looking to ugrade them. Though they looked as new as the ground, so I presume they are only 10 / 12 years old. If you look at the kick-off times for this season they have not used the lights, and cup games have kicked off as early as 1.45pm.

That explains something else - when we were coming back from a Vase tie earlier in the season the Dorset Senior Cup Draw came through, and Hammers' officials thought our tie at Portland would be played midweek as Portland have lights - they were miffed to be told they would have to play it on a Saturday. I'm a bit surprised as from memory, Swanage's lights look like they came out of the ark (they have plates from Noah & Sons on them!), and they play floodlit midweek matches.

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 30, 2009, 4:37 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #18 of 37 (3185 views)
Shortcut

Looks very likely Newton Aycliffe will be promoted to Northern League Div 2 from the Wearside League.

Anyone know if any other clubs are applying to move up to Step 6?

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

May 6, 2009, 9:27 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #19 of 37 (2772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can confirm Penzance moving up from Step 7 to Step 6 after winning SWP West Division last night.

In East Division Bovey Tracey need to draw or better in their final game of the season on Saturday (2pm Home v Alphington)

PH

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Gray
Reserve Team Sub

May 6, 2009, 8:21 PM

Team(s): Enfield Tn

Post #20 of 37 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I can confirm Penzance moving up from Step 7 to Step 6 after winning SWP West Division last night.

PH

Can't St Austell still overtake them ?

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

May 6, 2009, 10:52 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #21 of 37 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gray] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From www.swpleague.co.uk
Wednesday 6th May : Callington Town v St Austell The league have today received written notification from St Austell that they accept the charge, under league rule 8.3, that last weeks fixture in Division 1 West at Callington which was abandoned after 63 minutes with Callington leading 1-0 was due to their conduct. As such the league are able to declare that the result of the match will stand as a 1-0 win to Callington. Further decisions on any fine will not be made until the board of the league meets on the 14th May where they will review the relevant reports and submissions from both clubs

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

VP

May 6, 2009, 11:46 PM

Post #22 of 37 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know how true this is but tonight I heard that Eversley may indeed be getting promoted from the Surrey Elite to the Combined Counties.
The funding for their floodlights is, apparently, dependant on them getting step 6 status. If the rules are strictly adhered to then of course they can't get step 6 status without lights.
If it's true that the CCL are willing to accept them, thus allowing the money for the lights to be released, then I think that's a common sense approach.
Eversley are currently top of the SEIL but, with the Wraysbury situation and the closeness of the league, they could finish anywhere between first and fourth.

Whilst I'm on the subject - Eversley's league match next Tuesday v Epsom Athletic is at Krooner Park, Camberley Town FC. Kick off 6.15pm (why it's that time is open to conjecture) so I might get something more official from them then.

(This post was edited by VP on May 6, 2009, 11:53 PM)

royals26

May 7, 2009, 10:22 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #23 of 37 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are a couple of similar threads around - one in 'General'

http://nlpl.co.uk/...i?post=165428#165428

... on there Woodley Town from the Reading League get a mention - they have few facilities but are quite ambitious - I asked about their set up on the Reading Post Forum.

What's perhaps of more interest are the rumours abounding in the Hellenic about reprieves in the Prem - a lot of noise and dust re Groundshare agreements ending in particular involving Marlow Utd & OWT - as well as who may/may not be dropping out of One East.

... on the Hellenic Chat board up to five have been mentioned at various times as possible demotees/resignees (is that a word? Tongue) - with the following comments/suppositions:-

Eton Wick - drop into East Berks
Prestwood - not sure if they can carry on - they were struggling to get an XI for most of April
Bisley - might 'officially' re-brand themselves as Farnborough Reserves
EGR - may fold altogether
Launton - not sure why - seemed to pick up quite well at the end of the season - finding the travel too expensive - not sure going back West would help much?
See other discussions re Easington in One West.

There may have been more on the 'Bootroom Banter' or whatever that document is that circulates around within the Hellenic Clubs?

I've no idea about possible current STEP07 replacements should some/all of the above drop down.

Some of these might be candidates - but doubt if they are eligible:-
East Berks - Orchard Park
Wycombe & District - AC Marlow
OSL - Garsington
North Berks - Saxton Rovers

Mek
First Team Star

May 7, 2009, 10:59 AM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 37 (2395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Royals26 - There was also talk of Pewsey Vale returning to the Wilts Premier from Div 1 West. Any further mention of this ?

VP

May 7, 2009, 4:44 PM

Post #25 of 37 (2310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Promotion Step 7 to Step 6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

... on the Hellenic Chat board up to five have been mentioned at various times as possible demotees/resignees (is that a word? Tongue) - with the following comments/suppositions:-

Bisley - might 'officially' re-brand themselves as Farnborough Reserves

The word around here is the complete opposite due to the current Farnborough situation. They're looking at rejigging the whole club and have allegedly applied to put a reserve side in CoCo1 (and been turned down). The speculation is that they'll be severing links completely with Bisley which may see the end of that club, at least at step 6.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3