To complicate Tony's maps ...

[email protected]
Junior Team Regular

Apr 18, 2009, 10:44 AM

Post #1 of 11 (2334 views)
Shortcut
To complicate Tony's maps ... Can't Post or Reply Privately

Taken from today's local Worcester News

"Meanwhile, City’s place in Blue Square South is secure for next season. The Football Association have confirmed they have a three-year safeguard for clubs being switched back to the northern section, unless they request a move. The suggested make-up of the non-league pyramid for 2009/10 is put forward on May 5 and then reviewed by the FA’s Alliance committee on May 11 before being finalised."

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 18, 2009, 12:30 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [[email protected]] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This three year 'safeguard' has been breached before. Godalming and Fleet have been moved across two seasons on the trot. Apparently neither club were asked if they would like to move or not.
Maybe the FA are only applying it at higher levels.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 18, 2009, 12:42 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #3 of 11 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But what if they are left with three southern teams relegated. What then. Newport County?

(This post was edited by Unicorn on Apr 18, 2009, 1:45 PM)

[email protected]
Junior Team Regular

Apr 18, 2009, 1:10 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, as I'm sure you know, it also depends on who comes up from Step 3. Corby and Cambridge City could come up from SLP meaning no shift may be needed.

Probably worth discussing after next Saturday when the promotion picture is clearer.

But then there are also the usual end-of-season administration issues, which can impact from a couple of levels above.

I cant see Newport County being moved - but then I am not sure if it is ruled that CN and CS have to have the same number of Clubs.

gcnc

Apr 18, 2009, 7:17 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #5 of 11 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [[email protected]] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I cant see Newport County being moved - but then I am not sure if it is ruled that CN and CS have to have the same number of Clubs.

Oh yes, I can see it now - Gateshead away on a wet Wednesday night! Unsure

There seems no reason why Blue Square South and North couldn't operate with 20 and 24 or even 21 and 23 for a season, but I suspect, instead, that the Conference board will make their Team Bath / Hyde or Thurrock decision with the geography of the two divisions in mind.

(This post was edited by gcnc on Apr 18, 2009, 7:18 PM)

Sarumio

Apr 19, 2009, 3:33 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #6 of 11 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It would be absolutely absurd if Newport County or Braintree Town (who are actually the most northern club after Worcester City) to move to Conference North whilst Worcester remain in Conference South!

As someone has already said - this "ruling" has been breached before and i don''t see Worcester as safe from a transfer back to the North by any means regardless of what they are apparently being told!

Ask Godalming, Fleet or Salisbury City about this rule? They'll all laugh at Worcester's smugness!

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 19, 2009, 4:21 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #7 of 11 (1909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ask Godalming, Fleet or Salisbury City about this rule? They'll all laugh at Worcester's smugness

And Wealdstone.....

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 19, 2009, 5:00 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #8 of 11 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And Chatham. 3 moves in 4 seasons.

HarryC
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 20, 2009, 10:44 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #9 of 11 (1717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Am told that Godalming have already been told that they should prepare to be moved back to the Southern league next season.

VP

Apr 20, 2009, 4:26 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Am told that Godalming have already been told that they should prepare to be moved back to the Southern league next season.

Why's that? So Lowestoft can be put in the Isthmian?

As Fleet is more westerly then I would have thought they would have been first choice to move back across in order to appease the teams from the North East of the imaginary Southern / Isthmian boundary.

Or are you subtly hinting that you fancy Fleet to win the play-offs. Wink

stingray
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2009, 10:29 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #11 of 11 (1474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] To complicate Tony's maps ... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why's that? So Lowestoft can be put in the Isthmian? Hope so.Crazy

2019/20 stats

37 goals in 8 games
£87.35 spent

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3