First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

stourboy
First Team Star

May 3, 2009, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #51 of 73 (3111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yep and 2003/04 which was one of the most exciting and most competitive MFA's that I have seen.

Gray
Reserve Team Sub

May 3, 2009, 5:49 PM

Team(s): Enfield Tn

Post #52 of 73 (3074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roman] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
The MFA may choose to a) Accept Gresley and run with 23 next season or b) relegate a third team, Rocester as well.

League rules state two relegation places, so they can't change that at the drop of a hat. If anything, a second team (Barwell) could go up.

But don't forget that any club who doesn't have the correct grading can be relegated, don't know situation in the MFA but surely there are surrounding leagues with clubs who have failed their step 5 grading. Don't think there will be a need for 23 clubs leagues next year, more likely a number of transfers as clubs are relegated to step 6 due to gradings.

rainworthgord
First Team Star

May 3, 2009, 6:17 PM

Post #53 of 73 (3060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gray] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
The MFA may choose to a) Accept Gresley and run with 23 next season or b) relegate a third team, Rocester as well.

League rules state two relegation places, so they can't change that at the drop of a hat. If anything, a second team (Barwell) could go up.

But don't forget that any club who doesn't have the correct grading can be relegated, don't know situation in the MFA but surely there are surrounding leagues with clubs who have failed their step 5 grading. Don't think there will be a need for 23 clubs leagues next year, more likely a number of transfers as clubs are relegated to step 6 due to gradings.

Not quite. Step five leagues will only relegate their regular number of clubs. In the NCEL (where two go down from the Premier) the relegated clubs will be the two lowest placed clubs who don't have an F grade. If all clubs make the grade, then the bottom two will be relegated as normal, but whatever, there will not be more than two clubs relegated, and it's the same in all step 5 leagues - only the normal number of clubs will be relegated, whether through league position or ground grading.

Gray
Reserve Team Sub

May 4, 2009, 9:54 PM

Team(s): Enfield Tn

Post #54 of 73 (2896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not quite. Step five leagues will only relegate their regular number of clubs. In the NCEL (where two go down from the Premier) the relegated clubs will be the two lowest placed clubs who don't have an F grade. If all clubs make the grade, then the bottom two will be relegated as normal, but whatever, there will not be more than two clubs relegated, and it's the same in all step 5 leagues - only the normal number of clubs will be relegated, whether through league position or ground grading.

but are you sure the part in RED below won't come into play ?

Any club that fails to meet the F Grade to be advised that they will be classed as being one of the “relegated clubs” at the end of the current playing season.

· Should there be more clubs in a particular competition that fail to meet the F Grade than there are relegation places then the aforementioned clubs be ranked in accordance to their final league positions and relegation applied accordingly. Clubs that are retained without the F Grade will continue to be classed as relegated clubs and will be dealt with accordingly the following year should they again fail to meet the requirements of the F Grade.

· Clubs relegated will be replaced by clubs in Step 6 that fully comply with the current requirements of the G Grade and can prove that they will be able to meet the F Grade by 31 March in the year following promotion and qualify for promotion by virtue of their final league position. The lateral movement of clubs at Step 5 will also be taken into account at this point.

· Should there be sufficient clubs at Step 6 that meet the G Grade requirements then they be promoted to replace the clubs that fail to meet the F Grade.
unquote
Reading this it isn't very clear but I doubt they will save clubs that have failed the grading if there are to be more than 22 clubs in a league, there will be some switching & relegation which could be covered by the above edit ??. We shall see.

Roman
First Team Sub

May 4, 2009, 11:05 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Rocester, Brentford

Post #55 of 73 (2868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gray] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are still only two relegation places, regardless of whether they are filled by two ground-failed clubs or the bottom two.

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2009, 10:59 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #56 of 73 (2721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
If Gresley are voluntarily taking relegation I thought that should be 2 levels?

Nope ! That is the punishment for an 'enforced' demotion. A voluntarily moving team may drop just the single level, so long as a place exists for them at that level.

Which, by my reckoning - it doesn't. Market Drayton Town up, Malvern Town replace them. Racing Club Warwick and Oldbury United down, Loughborough University and AFC Wulfrunians up (providing the MFA accepts their grounds).

I'm led to believe that Loughborough University haven't applied for promotion (one of the Massey Ferguson or Pershore Town officials mentioned this when I was over there last week) which may leave a convenient space for Kirby Muxloe, but whether Gresley can be accommodated as well is anyone's guess.

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Stafford 5/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

stourboy
First Team Star

May 7, 2009, 5:01 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #57 of 73 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Loughborough University have applied and passed the ground grading from what i'm told!

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 7, 2009, 6:12 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #58 of 73 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, they're playing at Dynamo so the ground grading was never going to be an issue.

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Stafford 5/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

007Dale
First Team Star

May 27, 2009, 5:41 PM

Post #59 of 73 (2354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any news on the MFA line up yet. My best guess based on all of the info above is as follows;

AFC Wulfrunians (P)
Alvechurch
Barwell
Biddulph Victoria
Boldmere St Michaels
Bridgnorth Town
Causeway United
Coalville Town
Coleshill Town
Coventry Sphinx
Cradley Town
Friar Lane & Epworth
Highgate United
Kirby Muxloe (P)
Loughborough University (P)
Malvern Town (R)
Oadby Town
Shifnal Town
Stratford Town
Studley
Tipton Town
Westfields

Market Drayton - Promoted, Rocester & RC Warwick Relegated, Oldbury Fold
Gresley Rovers go to EMCL

That is 22 teams. The questions is would they move Malvern into another league, or transfer Biddulph.
It may be that Gresley are accepted and Rocester remain to create a division of 24.

Any counter-thoughts?

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

May 27, 2009, 6:21 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #60 of 73 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't believe the MFA are allowed to relegate Rocester! I believe the rules (at the beginning of the season) specified that only the bottom 2 positions were relegation positions! To relegate Rocester just to accomodate Kirby Muxloe's promotion would go against the MFA's own rules and Rocester would be well within their rights to challenge such a decision. If Rocester had known this could happen maybe they'd have made more of an effort to finish 19th ahead of Oadby Town (or whoever it was ended up 19th!).

24 team league is just too large for this level, so if anything, I think they'll stick with 22, Rocester will remain, Gresley Rovers will be in the EMCL and Biddulph Victoria will be moved the NWCL to make room for KMSC.

As an aside - we don;t even know if KMSC are allowed up do we? Is their ground up to scratch now for Step 5?

oldburywba
Junior Team Regular

May 27, 2009, 8:26 PM

Team(s): West Brom

Post #61 of 73 (2262 views)
Shortcut

I was told that it was announced at the West Midlands League meeting that Oldbury United would be joining that league, this was last week. The MFA meeting was last night, the same time as the Oldbury United committee meeting to decide the future of the club so I would suggest the MFA had already decided their line up WITHOUT Oldbury in it before the club announced we were folding whci hwas officially done until earlier today.

Richard Rundle

May 27, 2009, 9:36 PM

Post #62 of 73 (2220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldburywba] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I was told that it was announced at the West Midlands League meeting that Oldbury United would be joining that league, this was last week. The MFA meeting was last night, the same time as the Oldbury United committee meeting to decide the future of the club so I would suggest the MFA had already decided their line up WITHOUT Oldbury in it before the club announced we were folding whci hwas officially done until earlier today.

Surely Oldbury would have been relegated out of the Midland Alliance anyway?

--
Richard

oldburywba
Junior Team Regular

May 27, 2009, 9:42 PM

Team(s): West Brom

Post #63 of 73 (2216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Surely Oldbury would have been relegated out of the Midland Alliance anyway?

--
Richard

Which is why I said it was announced at the West Midlands League meeting that Oldbury would be joining that league which is where they were supposed to going after relegation.

Roman
First Team Sub

May 28, 2009, 12:01 AM

Team(s): Arsenal, Rocester, Brentford

Post #64 of 73 (2148 views)
Shortcut

A recent communication from the MFA gave the following details, but there may still be other changes due to the various situations with other clubs and leagues...

Market Drayton Town - promoted
Oldbury United - relegated
Racing Club Warwick - relegated

AFC Wulfrunians - promoted from WM(R)L
Loughborough University - promoted from Mid Comb
Malvern Town - relegated from BGBL

From this info, I would assume that no MFA clubs have failed the ground grading and that Kirby Muxloe won't be going into the MFA.

007Dale
First Team Star

May 28, 2009, 12:45 PM

Post #65 of 73 (1989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roman] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wonder if Kirby Muxloe miss out because of ground reasons or simply because the MFA don't fancy taking clubs from the EMCL?

NigelH
Youth Team Sub

May 28, 2009, 3:43 PM

Team(s): Eastbourne Borough, Tonbridge Angels

Post #66 of 73 (1912 views)
Shortcut

It has been rumoured locally that Kirby Muxloe did not realise they had to apply and presumed as they won the league they would automatically go up. And maybe they have applied too late ......

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PG Tips, I wish

007Dale
First Team Star

May 28, 2009, 5:26 PM

Post #67 of 73 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NigelH] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Separate point to this, but given the amount of stick Team Bath got for progressing up the league, what makes it different at Loughborough now that they are at step 5?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 28, 2009, 5:37 PM

Post #68 of 73 (1835 views)
Shortcut

This was debated here and the case was put for Loughborough that they ran a 'proper' club composed of (largely) bona fide undergraduates and that it was a very different outfit from TB.

Dynamo
Reserve Team Sub

May 29, 2009, 12:02 AM

Team(s): Shepshed

Post #69 of 73 (1699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
This was debated here and the case was put for Loughborough that they ran a 'proper' club composed of (largely) bona fide undergraduates and that it was a very different outfit from TB.

Just a shame they still dont have their own ground(the ground they promised the Mid Comb , they would have on entry to the league).I wonder what false promises they will make to the Midland Alliance and how much it will cost the taxpayer in the future.

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

May 29, 2009, 8:39 AM

Post #70 of 73 (1638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dynamo] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I saw Loughborough University at the end of last season. It was obvious that they are "professional" in all but name. They train virtually every day and their back four would have Tony Adams purring with pleasure.
The point here is that "clubs" like this are not providing a level playing field in the leagues in which they participate.
Hence the Kent County League have warned off the University of Kent who were thinking of following suit.

Dovecote
Youth Team Regular

May 29, 2009, 9:12 AM

Post #71 of 73 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But they are bona fide students, in fact they are not even close to being the 'best' footballers enrolled at the Uni, as the "best" are playing at many other clubs higher up the pyramid (up to and including the Conference National).

GSB
Youth Team Star

May 29, 2009, 9:30 AM

Post #72 of 73 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dovecote] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can't see how any "genuine" university club can ever be allowed to rise to a level where contracts and transfer windows kick in - as soon as admissions for the academic year close, a de facto transfer window would close and not open again until places for the next academic year have been formally accepted. I don't know if Team Bath made signings during the year, but if they did then they would have been defining themselves as not a university team.

acmold

May 29, 2009, 10:14 AM

Post #73 of 73 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSB] MFA 09/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Some University's (in other sports) have been know to field "post graduates", "overseas scholars" and "college servants" as well as students / under graduates in their teams. That could mean anyone.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3