RE-LEVEL LEAGUES

THE TOWN
Deleted

Mar 7, 2009, 6:58 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 6 (2808 views)
Shortcut
RE-LEVEL LEAGUES Can't Post or

Why cann't we start again and re-level leagues the Premiership as level 1 Championship level 2 Conference level 5, so all non-leagues would drop 4, would that make it a little more strait forward to understand and explain to other people.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 7, 2009, 7:12 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #2 of 6 (2801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [THE TOWN] RE-LEVEL LEAGUES [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why cann't we start again and re-level leagues the Premiership as level 1 Championship level 2 Conference level 5, so all non-leagues would drop 4, would that make it a little more strait forward to understand and explain to other people.

I honestly think that anyone who has trouble understanding that steps 1-7 just refer to non league football has little interest anyway.

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 7, 2009, 10:53 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [THE TOWN] RE-LEVEL LEAGUES [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's the way it works at the moment - Level 1 is the Premiership, Level 5 is the Conference etc. It's the 'Steps' that people get confused about. I don't think there's much need to change though. They are effectively divisions within the National League System, with Conf Premier being Step 1 which just means Division 1 really. I think the Football League should sort their divisions out, or rather just go back to having Div 1, 2 and 3 rather than the stupid names we've got at the moment.

catweazle
Youth Team Sub

Mar 7, 2009, 11:45 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 6 (2672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] RE-LEVEL LEAGUES [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I much prefered the old 1st-4th divisions but full-time football has changed so much that the premiership etc have little interest of the non-league game. So i prefer step 1 to be non-league. personally i would like to see the conference as part of the football league,those clubs who could generally afford it and then go back to regionalising the top flight of non league football back to the northern premier,southern and isthmian leagues. Not sure it will be done because greed seems to have got into even some of these divisions. i suppose i just long for the days when players played for the love of the game and not how much they can be on the make. Thats why i am enjoying step 6 downwards so much now.
I have a lot of choice where i live of where to go today but i am going to a step seven game out of choice and im sure i will see a better game than if i paid the 40-50 quid to see some tarts rolling on the floor looking for penalties.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 8, 2009, 12:00 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catweazle] RE-LEVEL LEAGUES [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have a lot of choice where i live of where to go today but i am going to a step seven game out of choice and im sure i will see a better game than if i paid the 40-50 quid to see some tarts rolling on the floor looking for penalties.

I absolutely agree with you catweazle. Such is my increasing disinterest with Premiership clubs I am at this moment unaware of todays results in the FA Cup. I expect all the usual suspects will get through returning us to the dull spectacle of a Man.Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal (delete one of your choice) final.

It's got to the stage where I often don't bother with the first 20 minutes of Match Of The Day because it always seems to be one of the same 4 clubs on first. And I haven't watched a Champions League match all season.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

catweazle
Youth Team Sub

Mar 8, 2009, 3:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 6 (2408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] RE-LEVEL LEAGUES [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Totally agree,My hunch was right i saw a cracking game yesterday,six goals lovely passing,passion and just the sheer joy of watching players play for the love of the beautiful game. A sour point though which seems to be creeping into lower level football is some players acting very big. A royal mail player called the lino an f ing idiot yesterday and said i can say what i want i dont care if you book me. The ref wasnt the best in the world but why dont some players just accept that sometimes they get it wrong. By the way the goalkeeper didnt even get booked.Later in the game some royal mail players had to be held apart as a fight looked likely to break out. and the goalkepper ended his tirade by saying to the home supporters we will see how brave you are at the end of the gameUnsure

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3