Wild Speculation

hucknallite
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 27, 2009, 12:43 PM

Team(s): Forest, Hucknall

Post #1 of 9 (3330 views)
Shortcut
Wild Speculation Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the FA rigorously enforce Grade F this year which clubs are liable to get relegated?

richwitney
Ballboy/girl

Feb 27, 2009, 4:02 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hucknallite] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Half of the Hellenic Premier for starters! Crazy

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 27, 2009, 4:26 PM

Post #3 of 9 (3224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richwitney] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Most clubs in the Combined Counties will have something to do as there are loads of little things that most clubs forget such as 'running man' signs, yellow boxed areas etc.
I state for certain that Camberley Town have an 'F' and are aiming to get a 'D' when the inspectors next visit which is due shortly. There's no point faffing around with an 'E' in my opinion.

But then again the CCL have announced to Premier Division clubs that they've got until March 2010 to get an 'F'. I can see one or two struggling but most should be OK by then with a little bit of work.

catweazle
Youth Team Sub

Feb 27, 2009, 11:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 9 (3082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can someone post a link to the ground grading letters i seem to remember it being posted on here,thanksSmile

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Feb 27, 2009, 11:22 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

But then again the CCL have announced to Premier Division clubs that they've got until March 2010 to get an 'F'. I can see one or two struggling but most should be OK by then with a little bit of work.

Are you sure? The extra year has only been applied to Step 6 and Grade G elsewhere. Premier clubs have only until March 2009 to achieve an F grade in the NCEL.

Or do we have a postcode lottery? Unsure

VP

Feb 28, 2009, 9:51 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catweazle] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Can someone post a link to the ground grading letters i seem to remember it being posted on here,thanksSmile

Official - http://www.thefa.com/...eague/GroundGrading/

Simplified - http://www.thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm

(This post was edited by VP on Feb 28, 2009, 10:09 AM)

VP

Feb 28, 2009, 9:57 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are you sure? The extra year has only been applied to Step 6 and Grade G elsewhere. Premier clubs have only until March 2009 to achieve an F grade in the NCEL.

Or do we have a postcode lottery? Unsure

This was posted on Colliers Wood site:-

Following last week's ground inspection by the Combined Counties League, the club have been advised regarding the necessary ground improvements that need to be undertaken in order to maintain future membership of the CCL.
These works should be undertaken by 1st August 2009 and if not completed by March 2010, then the CCL would recommend to the Football Association that membership of the CCL would be denied for the 2010/11 season.
The Wood are not the only CCL club that will need to make significant ground improvements but it is good to see that there is a "realistic" timescale to make the changes. However, more hard work lies ahead for the club, notwithstanding the financial repurcussions but the club are confident of meeting all the requirements and to continue to progress via the CCL in the future.

acmold

Mar 3, 2009, 11:04 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or

Last week there was a item on the Hellenic website about the ground grading for step 5, just looked and I can't find it !. Basically it said clubs in the Premier Division needed their grounds to be fully enclosed and to have hardstanding on all four sides by 31/3/9 (I think). This would cause quite a few clubs problems (not only in the Hellenic), what of clubs sharing with cricket was one comment. Does this apply to clubs in higher leagues, certain some grounds in the Southern League are not fully enclosed and or share with cricket - Abingdon United for one, Stourbridge (?) and Stocksbridge in the NPL. Please no one say Oxford United, because that is enclosed on all four sides and has hard standing, I don't think the rules say anything about having to be able to watch from all four sides, which brings you back to the cricket aspect !.

If you go onto the Hellenic message board, link below, and pan down to February 27th you will see a few comments.

http://members6.boardhost.com/hfl/

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Mar 3, 2009, 3:29 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Wild Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is no restriction on three-sided grounds, certainly none at step 5, although most such clubs may well fence off the cricket side once that game's season is finished.

But in these circumstances the usual rule is that spectators should not be permitted to stand on the cricket side.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3