Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
Academy Under 16s tables

BSSWA
Junior Team Sub

Feb 20, 2009, 6:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8666 views)
Shortcut
Academy Under 16s tables Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone know if tables are produced for Academy under 16s games? Got the ones for u18s, looking for the 16s.

Thanks

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Feb 19, 2009, 1:36 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BSSWA] Academy Under 16s tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, league tables don't exist as, technically, U16 games are played more or less as friendly matches even though the fixtures are arranged in a league format. In any case, Clubs are not allowed to give out results or league tables for U16 matches. Something to do with child protection (not sure what though!).

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 20, 2009, 9:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 5 (8647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Academy Under 16s tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yet other leagues regularly issue youth tables.

Interesting how they hide behind child protection when other sports have individual events for the very young with published results.

Surely far tougher losing as an individual at age 7 than being 15 and the member of a team that loses.

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 24, 2009, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #4 of 5 (8552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Academy Under 16s tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Youth leagues aren't now permited by the FA to hold 'competitive' games at Under 7 and Under 8 level, so all games at those ages are played as friendlies and no tables are published and no cup competitions held. Most managers and parents think this is barking mad and political correctness gone mad. I couldn't possibly commentWink

Under 9 is now where the competitive action starts in Youth Leagues, even though league academies are sniffing around at an earlier stage. Fortunately for me my youth team is now at Under 16 level so we missed the current madness.

However one good thing to be brought in by the FA in the recent past is the 'rolling substitute' rule, whereby managers have the option of making as many substitutions as they like as players are allowed back on after they have been subbed. This means that no one is left stood in the cold, and any players getting knocks can come off, rest and go back on if able. In my experience, this has increased the numbers of players staying in the game. However this only runs up to Under 16 and from next year onwards, when we hope to join the Lincs Intermediate (Under 18) Lge, we will be back to 'normal'.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 24, 2009, 10:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 5 (8529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Academy Under 16s tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
However one good thing to be brought in by the FA in the recent past is the 'rolling substitute' rule, whereby managers have the option of making as many substitutions as they like as players are allowed back on after they have been subbed. This means that no one is left stood in the cold, and any players getting knocks can come off, rest and go back on if able. In my experience, this has increased the numbers of players staying in the game. However this only runs up to Under 16 and from next year onwards, when we hope to join the Lincs Intermediate (Under 18) Lge, we will be back to 'normal'.

Quite right too. Its all well and good for kids football for the reasons you explain, but by the time teams reach under-18 they should be playing to 'proper' rules. The Scottish Youth FA operate a similar rule, but at all age groups they govern, and they go up to under-21. I've never seen anything so farcical as masses of rolling substitutions at what was to all intents and purposes an adult game, and a cup final at that. The day it becomes the norm in all football is the day I'll take up another hobby!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3