Finding a clubs attendance figures.....

Matthew
Ballboy/girl

Jan 27, 2009, 3:39 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1223 views)
Shortcut
Finding a clubs attendance figures..... Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good'ay all,

Does anyone know where I can find the home attendance figures of Taunton Town FC over the last few years?

Smile

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jan 27, 2009, 3:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 12 (1214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matthew] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Good'ay all,

Does anyone know where I can find the home attendance figures of Taunton Town FC over the last few years?

Smile

Clue: There's a link in the top right hand corner of every screen on this forum.

Seriously, check out the archive index: http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/archive_index.htm

Felix
Reserve Team Star

Jan 27, 2009, 3:45 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matthew] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Their website (www.tauntontown.com) has attendances going back to 2004-05. Look in the past seasons section - some are listed with the results, others in the reports.

Matthew
Ballboy/girl

Jan 27, 2009, 6:50 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Good'ay all,

Smile

Clue: There's a link in the top right hand corner of every screen on this forum.

Seriously, check out the archive index: http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/archive_index.htm

Many thanks Guys!

Tony's site is great Smile

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 27, 2009, 7:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 12 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Martin their Sec is a hopper as well so no doubt could help with older seasons if he has them

swjoduk
Reserve Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #6 of 12 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking back at the pages of my long defunct website, the average league attendance for the 2001/01 season was 365. Taunton finished 2nd (just) to Bideford that season and went up to the Southern League, the attendances have been falling steadily since and have plummeted this season to the current average of 143!!!! Worrying times, but its not just Taunton who are suffering, many non league clubs are feeling the credit crunch/recession. I see in the Cornish press that Truro players have had 50% of their wages deferred until the end of the season.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 29, 2009, 7:44 PM

Post #7 of 12 (918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [swjoduk] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking back at the pages of my long defunct website, the average league attendance for the 2001/01 season was 365. Taunton finished 2nd (just) to Bideford that season

Just? Eight points! And Taunton only finished ahead of Bris in third on goal difference!

Of the 20 teams in the Western League Premier Division that year, only 9 are there now.

--
Richard

royals26

Jan 29, 2009, 7:59 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #8 of 12 (908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [swjoduk] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Out of (default=idle Angelic ) curiosity I had a quick glance through my NL Directory - the oldest one I found was for 1994 so it covered the 92-3 Centenary Season.

Great Mills Western League
Highest crowds:
17th April Clevedon T v Tiverton 1,295
9th April Tiverton vs Elmore 1,120
9th April Mangosfield vs Clevedon T 1,015 (game abandoned at half time??)

Taunton's total was 5,265 Ave. 277 with all home games that season attracting over 200.
.... they finished 4th that season.

... only champs Clevedon T (8006) and runners -up Tiverton (6952) registered higher totals.

Clevedon were promoted to the Beazer Homes League - out from the Premier went Plymouth and Torquay Reserves presumably only Dawlish went down.
Up from Div One came Odd Down, Calne and Crediton and out of the league altogether to Wilts football went Melksham to be replaced by Pewsey Vale.

Some fairly familiar (and not so familiar) names appearing in the Prem/Div One that season - resonant of past glories:-

Saltash, Torrington, Exmouth, Liskeard, Warminster, Backwell, Clyst, Heavitree, Glastonbury, Ottery St. Mary.

swjoduk
Reserve Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 8:07 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #9 of 12 (894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Richard, I meant 'just' as in just finishing ahead of Brislington on goal difference!

Richard Rundle

Jan 29, 2009, 8:32 PM

Post #10 of 12 (873 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Richard, I meant 'just' as in just finishing ahead of Brislington on goal difference!

Ah, apologies then. I read it that you thought the Peacocks were narrowly pipped by Bideford.

That season was probably the peak standard for the Western League, 4 exceptionally good Step 5 teams - the three mentioned above plus Team Bath.

--
Richard

Matthew
Ballboy/girl

Feb 2, 2009, 4:53 PM

Post #11 of 12 (686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Finding a clubs attendance figures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for the comments guys.

For a Town the size of Taunton (80,000 ish), they seem to really struggle to get people through the gates.

Is this because of the clubs around them (Exeter, Bristol City/Rovers, Yeovil, Tiverton etc)? or is it down to Cricket?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 2, 2009, 5:49 PM

Post #12 of 12 (657 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks for the comments guys.

For a Town the size of Taunton (80,000 ish), they seem to really struggle to get people through the gates.

Is this because of the clubs around them (Exeter, Bristol City/Rovers, Yeovil, Tiverton etc)? or is it down to Cricket?

Not, I suspect, from October to March... Angelic

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3