Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Russell
First Team Star

Jan 27, 2009, 12:23 PM

Post #1 of 58 (4776 views)
Shortcut
Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to this link...

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/...e=FULL&nid=55155

John McMaster
Youth Team Sub

Jan 27, 2009, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Fulwood Amateurs

Post #2 of 58 (4754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The SUN once told us 'freddy starr ate my hampster.' I believed that to

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 27, 2009, 1:54 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #3 of 58 (4711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yes but this is just a journalist repeating what we already know is the proposal.
I have yet to see a statement from the FA that this will be enforced without any doubt.

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 27, 2009, 2:48 PM

Post #4 of 58 (4683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I posted this in another topic. I think it's worth repeating here:-

Following last week's ground inspection by the Combined Counties League, the club have been advised regarding the necessary ground improvements that need to be undertaken in order to maintain future membership of the CCL.
These works should be undertaken by 1st August 2009 and if not completed by March 2010, then the CCL would recommend to the Football Association that membership of the CCL would be denied for the 2010/11 season.
The Wood are not the only CCL club that will need to make significant ground improvements but it is good to see that there is a "realistic" timescale to make the changes. However, more hard work lies ahead for the club, notwithstanding the financial repurcussions but the club are confident of meeting all the requirements and to continue to progress via the CCL in the future.

http://cwufc.tripod.com/

Surely the story must be the same around the UK. I can't see the FA allowing only some leagues to have one more season.

(This post was edited by VP on Jan 27, 2009, 2:48 PM)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 27, 2009, 2:55 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #5 of 58 (4674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I posted this in another topic. I think it's worth repeating here:-

Following last week's ground inspection by the Combined Counties League, the club have been advised regarding the necessary ground improvements that need to be undertaken in order to maintain future membership of the CCL.
These works should be undertaken by 1st August 2009 and if not completed by March 2010, then the CCL would recommend to the Football Association that membership of the CCL would be denied for the 2010/11 season.
The Wood are not the only CCL club that will need to make significant ground improvements but it is good to see that there is a "realistic" timescale to make the changes. However, more hard work lies ahead for the club, notwithstanding the financial repurcussions but the club are confident of meeting all the requirements and to continue to progress via the CCL in the future.

http://cwufc.tripod.com/

Surely the story must be the same around the UK. I can't see the FA allowing only some leagues to have one more season.

Interesting. This does if correct mean the clubs are being given an extra season to comply.

Richard Rundle

Jan 27, 2009, 3:35 PM

Post #6 of 58 (4654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Interesting. This does if correct mean the clubs are being given an extra season to comply.

At the least. I can't see the majority of Step 5 clubs becoming 100% compliant within 5 years, let alone one.

--
Richard

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 27, 2009, 4:29 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 58 (4622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nor can I, which I why I have constantly said the standards at this level (100 spectators being good at this level) need to be lowered to a sensible level, (I am talking about the spectator accomodation parts of the rules here).

However, I can see the FA leaving the action to the leagues, meaning that some may have a purge in 2009, some leave it to 2010 and some may even 'forget'.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

VP

Jan 28, 2009, 4:06 PM

Post #8 of 58 (4458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The official Combined Counties site seems to have sprung to life and is getting loads of news put on it lately. Just spied this:-

Just a reminder to any teams hoping to go up to the Premier Division at the end of the season. The FA has relaxed the requirements to an extent, in that clubs will have a further season after gaining promotion, to attain the full grade F, deadline i.e. by 31 March 2010.

HOWEVER, clubs are unlikely to be able to go up unless, by 31 March 2009, they have all the requirements of the present grade for their level of football, i.e. Grade G. (not the League’s own G-min grade). The requirements for Grade G have still to be completely resolved by the FA, so for the time being the League has to rely upon the current draft version as outlined in the handbook.

http://www.combinedcountiesleague.co.uk/news.htm

(This post was edited by VP on Jan 28, 2009, 4:06 PM)

BBChris
Junior Team Regular

Jan 28, 2009, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Farnborough

Post #9 of 58 (4387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone have a link to actually what the ground grading regulations they have to meet are?

I have to say, I was amazed that Frimley Green used to meet the criteria for the CCL Premier division. It's a wire fence around a pitch!

Over the top
First Team Sub

Jan 28, 2009, 7:27 PM

Post #10 of 58 (4381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BBChris] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It seems to me that the only way this type of thing will every be implemented is if Football in this country adopts a single FA approach. In short a common structure and administration from top to bottom. Then is wouldn't matter what part of the country your club happened to be in.
And most Hellenic league grounds would fail their grading.Cool

VP

Jan 28, 2009, 7:48 PM

Post #11 of 58 (4366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BBChris] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does anyone have a link to actually what the ground grading regulations they have to meet are?

The official documents - http://www.thefa.com/...eague/GroundGrading/

There's a simplified version at http://www.thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm

but I have no idea if that's up to date as there have been small changes since the end of last season.

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2009, 7:55 PM

Post #12 of 58 (4358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can't speak for other leagues, only the NCEL, but all clubs in our league have been told by circular that Premier Division clubs MUST have an F grade by 31-3-2009 or they WILL be relegated.

The top two from Division One WILL be promoted to the Premier regardless of ground grading and will have up to 31-3-2010 to achieve an F grade or be relegated.

Division One clubs will have until 31-3-2010 to achieve a G grade, the extra year being because G grade is being looked at again and the new requirements will not be in place in time to impelement a 31-3-2009 deadline. New clubs may be admitted to Division One without a G grade but will have until 31-3-2010 to achieve it or they WILL be relegated.

I would take it, given what other leagues are saying, that these are the instructions of the FA.

It would seem, as far as the NCEL is concerned, to be set in stone.

T P
Youth Team Star

Jan 28, 2009, 8:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 58 (4337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I can't speak for other leagues, only the NCEL, but all clubs in our league have been told by circular that Premier Division clubs MUST have an F grade by 31-3-2009 or they WILL be relegated.

The top two from Division One WILL be promoted to the Premier regardless of ground grading and will have up to 31-3-2010 to achieve an F grade or be relegated.

Division One clubs will have until 31-3-2010 to achieve a G grade, the extra year being because G grade is being looked at again and the new requirements will not be in place in time to impelement a 31-3-2009 deadline. New clubs may be admitted to Division One without a G grade but will have until 31-3-2010 to achieve it or they WILL be relegated.

I would take it, given what other leagues are saying, that these are the instructions of the FA.

Do you happen to know which teams, in both divisions, are currently at risk of demotion?

hucknallite
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 29, 2009, 8:22 AM

Team(s): Forest, Hucknall

Post #14 of 58 (4242 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The official documents - http://www.thefa.com/...eague/GroundGrading/

There's a simplified version at http://www.thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm

but I have no idea if that's up to date as there have been small changes since the end of last season.

Pyramid info ground grading doesn't appear to bang up to date but it's still worth a look because the latest changes weren't huge.

KnowYourMarket

Jan 29, 2009, 8:41 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #15 of 58 (4235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wonder if all leagues are being so stringent though. I think we already know that certain parts of the country are more flexible. More NIMBY's in those areas.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Veteran

Jan 29, 2009, 10:43 AM

Post #16 of 58 (4193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
I wonder if all leagues are being so stringent though. I think we already know that certain parts of the country are more flexible. More NIMBY's in those areas.

And it appears the FA have actually encouraged this - the very slight but crucial amendment in the "ground sharing" rules now gives leagues the right to their own interpretation of theses instead of a national standard, which I suppose was ignored in many cases anyway.

On the other hand I am mildly encouraged that in the NCEL at least promoted clubs will be given time to achieve the relevant gradings.

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Jan 29, 2009, 3:58 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #17 of 58 (4104 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

just wondered how this fits in with - Say Gedling T or Borrowash Vics winning the EMCL and electing for the NCEL?

Sarumio

Jan 29, 2009, 4:29 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #18 of 58 (4092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

just wondered how this fits in with - Say Gedling T or Borrowash Vics winning the EMCL and electing for the NCEL?

I'm presuming Dunkirk would also go the NCEL Premier should they win the EMCL.

With regards to promotion - lets say Gedling Town or Borrowash Victoria win the division. I'd assume the NCEL would relegate the 3rd bottom club too (currently Shirebrook Town). With 2 up to the Premier from Division One and 3 down to Division One - Division One and Prem could both run with 20 next season.

The EMCL will obviously reprieve Blackwell Miners Welfare and bring in the winner of the CML to replace Borrowash/Gedling Town. If the EMCL does want to expand to 20 teams next season they'd need to be very very nice to the CML and ask for 3 clubs?

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Jan 29, 2009, 4:45 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #19 of 58 (4080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

without looking up Radford's site named about 6 clubs exressing a wish to be considered.
Its a tough choice for Derby / Notts clubs as to which step 5 to go in - I guess they know the NCEL better (given the recent history of the clubs)
The EMCL is a halfway house really - a strong step 7 set up from Sunderland to Derby - (not just CML) more local and regionalisestep 7's need to be set up - 3 in Yorkshire I would suggest. At step 5 / 6 depends where you sit - but a North Mids step 6 and Yorks step 6 feeding into the existing NCEL footprint would be ok
If we have to have directors chairs and press boxs etc then the FA could always redistribute money downwards

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 5:19 PM

Post #20 of 58 (4056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The only clubs relegated from the NCEL Premier other than on ground grading will be the bottom two. The top two in Division One will be promoted. The EMCL CHAMPION club can go up to NCEL or MA but as the NCEL Premier has only 20 clubs and the official constitution is 22 there is no reason why this cannot be accommodated.

dave
First Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 5:42 PM

Post #21 of 58 (4042 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
but as the NCEL Premier has only 20 clubs and the official constitution is 22 there is no reason why this cannot be accommodated.

There might not be a reason, but will there be an excuse?

Richard Rundle

Jan 29, 2009, 7:46 PM

Post #22 of 58 (3982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
but as the NCEL Premier has only 20 clubs and the official constitution is 22 there is no reason why this cannot be accommodated.

There might not be a reason, but will there be an excuse?

Or a need?

--
Richard

dave
First Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 8:04 PM

Post #23 of 58 (3965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is certainly a need for more step 5 clubs.

Richard Rundle

Jan 29, 2009, 8:28 PM

Post #24 of 58 (3956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] Step 5 ground gradings will be implemented in April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There is certainly a need for more step 5 clubs.

Maybe. But not, in my opinion, in 22-team divisions.

--
Richard

dave
First Team Star

Jan 29, 2009, 8:37 PM

Post #25 of 58 (3947 views)
Shortcut

But 22 team divisions is what seems to be wanted at the moment. You could argue that there isn't a "need" for it, but its what we have at the moment, so there is a "need" for more step 5 clubs, to fill up the divisions.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3