Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Cup 4th round replays on TV

dave
First Team Star

Jan 25, 2009, 6:46 PM

Post #1 of 17 (2502 views)
Shortcut
FA Cup 4th round replays on TV Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well Everton v Liverpool has being confirmed on TV.

With the other 5 replays Setanta have decided to hold a viewers vote apparently to decide which replay should be shown.

This leaves:

Arsenal v Cardiff City
Burnley v WBA
Blackburn Rovers v Sunderland
Aston Villa v Doncaster Rovers
Nottingham Forest v Derby County

I think Burnley v WBA should be on.

ash
First Team Sub

Jan 25, 2009, 7:06 PM

Team(s): England, Forest & Gresley

Post #2 of 17 (2492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All very democratic but it still won't produce the right outcome, if we agree that by that I mean the most interesting tie to the neutral.

Weight of fan numbers will mean that the bigger clubs are likely to win out. It will be interesting to see if their fanbase mobilise to get the Arsenal-Cardiff game shown in spite of the fact that the match will in all likelihood be an easy home win. I would imagine that under this policy Man Utd and Liverpool would be shown every time regardless of who their opponents are.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Jan 25, 2009, 7:50 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #3 of 17 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ash] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I must be in danger of becoming an AFC W fan, because I agree entirely with Dave on this - if only I had a vote

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 25, 2009, 8:04 PM

Post #4 of 17 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or

I vote with my wallet. I do not subscribe to Sky at all and hell will freeze over before I do !

AndrewG
First Team Star

Jan 25, 2009, 8:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 17 (2429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I vote with my wallet. I do not subscribe to Sky at all and hell will freeze over before I do !

Good job its ITV and Setanta who are covering the FA Cup then! Couldn't bear the thought of you missing out if we get a West Ham v Man Utd final.Wink

Veteran

Jan 25, 2009, 10:39 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or

If I had my way they'd both be in the Trophy next year !

And incidentally I haven't got Sultana either. Hopefully I will be able to find some REAL live football on Cup Final day .........

gcnc

Jan 26, 2009, 8:21 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #7 of 17 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

And incidentally I haven't got Sultana either. Hopefully I will be able to find some REAL live football on Cup Final day .........

The Welsh League has already been extended to May 23rd, so there will be plenty of football around down here, probably at lunchtime ... unless, of course, the unthinkable happens again and Swansea or Cardiff ... no, I can't bear even thinking about thatUnsure

KnowYourMarket

Jan 26, 2009, 10:04 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #8 of 17 (2321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, but the cup final is 30th May this year. There will be options probably though. Most likely in Scotland but you never know with this year's weather.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by modelhobbies on Jan 26, 2009, 10:05 AM)

UKPunk

Jan 26, 2009, 1:20 PM

Post #9 of 17 (2288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes, but the cup final is 30th May this year. There will be options probably though. Most likely in Scotland but you never know with this year's weather.

Not for me there won't. My partner is off to London that day so I'm left with the kids. Unsure

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

ash
First Team Sub

Jan 26, 2009, 6:29 PM

Team(s): England, Forest & Gresley

Post #10 of 17 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Forest announced today that the Derby replay had been moved to Tues for showing on Setanta. Notts had apparently agreed to move their game at home to Gillingham to the Weds (presumably for a cut of the TV money). Twenty mins later they had to do a red-faced U-turn after Nottinghamshire police put the kibosh on matters.

dave
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2009, 10:26 PM

Post #11 of 17 (2194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ash] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if they had a viewers vote or not in the end, but Setanta have picked the wrong tie again Arsenal v Cardiff. Shocking choice!

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Jan 27, 2009, 10:43 AM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #12 of 17 (2133 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Forest announced today that the Derby replay had been moved to Tues for showing on Setanta. Notts had apparently agreed to move their game at home to Gillingham to the Weds (presumably for a cut of the TV money). Twenty mins later they had to do a red-faced U-turn after Nottinghamshire police put the kibosh on matters.

Notts! like it, its what I call them in polite conversation
funny enough Derby actually wanted to be Derbyshire County ( originating out the cricket club ) but werent allowed by the FA

(This post was edited by MattRamLives on Jan 27, 2009, 10:44 AM)

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 1, 2009, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #13 of 17 (1993 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I take it therefore that you never watch an FA Cup tie in person at any stage of the competition.

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 1, 2009, 10:41 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #14 of 17 (1992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not sure if they had a viewers vote or not in the end, but Setanta have picked the wrong tie again Arsenal v Cardiff. Shocking choice!

I'd have thought that the Burnley v West Brom game gives them a more realistic chance of an upset but there you go.

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

Richard Rundle

Feb 2, 2009, 8:13 AM

Post #15 of 17 (1975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'd have thought that the Burnley v West Brom game gives them a more realistic chance of an upset but there you go.

But wouldn't bring in anywhere as many viewers as showing a member of the "Big 4", whether they play their first team or not. It's just a business decision, pure and simple.

--
Richard

bspittles
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 2, 2009, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, Oxford United

Post #16 of 17 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arsenal v Cardiff has been postponed. Will Setanta switch to the match at Burnley?

eldumpo
Youth Team Regular

Feb 9, 2009, 12:05 AM

Post #17 of 17 (1701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bspittles] FA Cup 4th round replays on TV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They didn't show the Burnley replay as far as I'm aware - probably not enough time (and bad weather) to get the necessary broadcast equipment up there.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3