Step 7 to step 6 applicants

jc100
Junior Team Sub

Jan 12, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #1 of 20 (6567 views)
Shortcut
Step 7 to step 6 applicants Can't Post or Reply Privately

Diolch yn fawr to Bantam Cymraeg.
Does anybody know who has applied to join the North West Counties League ?

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 12, 2009, 7:20 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #2 of 20 (6562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jc100] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barnoldswick Town will be there. Apart from that, Charnock Richard have applied, but are having problems getting floodlights. West Didsbury & hrorlton have made an application, but not for next season. They've got a 10-year plan apparently. Should take at least that long.

Seagull
First Team Star

Jan 13, 2009, 4:43 PM

Post #3 of 20 (6369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bar'lick have switched on their lights so they should be well on their way to the NWC - good luck to 'em, great little ground, smashing folk.

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Jan 13, 2009, 4:56 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #4 of 20 (6363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry just the name always reminds me of the Palin 'Ripping Yarns'
- Barstoneworth was it? something like that

Seagull
First Team Star

Jan 13, 2009, 5:01 PM

Post #5 of 20 (6359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know what you mean, but those were filmed at Salts FC of the West Riding County Amateur League - once you've been and experienced the history of the place, you won't mix them up - it's a great old ground!

kreader
Youth Team Sub

Jan 13, 2009, 6:52 PM

Team(s): Charnock Richard , Derby County

Post #6 of 20 (6324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Barnoldswick Town will be there. Apart from that, Charnock Richard have applied, but are having problems getting floodlights. West Didsbury & hrorlton have made an application, but not for next season. They've got a 10-year plan apparently. Should take at least that long.

Just to say that contary to this report Charnock Richard have not applied. The club were in touch with the League last season regarding the work required to make the ground acceptable for promotion but since then no start has yet been made on the any of the items highlighted by the NWCL. All grants have been frozen and in the present financial climate funds are at a premium.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 13, 2009, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #7 of 20 (6270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry just the name always reminds me of the Palin 'Ripping Yarns'
- Barstoneworth was it? something like that

How could you forget ? BARNSTONEWORTH ! BARNSTONEWORTH ! And those names : Haggerty J, Haggerty F........................

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jan 13, 2009, 9:27 PM

Post #8 of 20 (6259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can watch the Barnestoneworth clip on youtube. The ground itself is in a lovely setting, pity the club has seen better days (Salts that is, not Barnestoneworth, the former Yorkshire Combination champions !)

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

aicwhu
First Team Sub

Jan 15, 2009, 2:14 PM

Team(s): west ham

Post #9 of 20 (6087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

i am not really adding much to the debate but by happenstance i stopped at saltaire a couple of weeks ago en route to thackley though for architecture not football but i did find the ground and there was even a friendly going on
it is a nice old ground in a great setting though seen better days ; i promised myself a proper game there someday as salts(saltaire) as they were called when i was a lad used to be a well known club

andrew conway

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Jan 24, 2009, 12:37 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #10 of 20 (5760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jc100] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just read this on the NWCL website:

APPLICATIONS FOR NEXT SEASON
The Vodkat League has received two formal applications from clubs wishing to join our league next season. The clubs in question are Barnoldswick Town of the West Lancashire League and Runcorn Town from the West Cheshire League.
The town of Barnoldswick is in East Lancashire, around five miles north east of Colne, and about 10 to 15 minutes from Colne’s Holt House Stadium. For those who know the Runcorn area, Runcorn Town’s Pavilions Complex is located over the Runcorn bridge when approaching from the Widnes/St Helens direction, near Runcorn Docks.
Full ground grading inspections will be carried out on the 29th and 30th January at both clubs.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 3, 2009, 3:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 20 (5458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not NWCFL, but Framlingham Town have applied to move up to the ECL.

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/...2011%3A58%3A26%3A580

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 16, 2009, 12:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 20 (5084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Team Bury (Essex & Suffolk Border League) have also applied to join the ECL. They are effectively the youth team of Bury Town FC (think CRC and Cambridge United).

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 16, 2009, 1:37 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #13 of 20 (5056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Niether Team Bury or Framlingham Town are top of their divisions though - will this stop them being accepted - do you ahve to finish top? Can you finish anywhere (what with the ECL having 4 vacancies, 3 if Whitton United return next season).

Will anyone step up from the anglian Combination this season? - it looks to be the strongest of the ECL's four feeder leagues. It also has a few town teams in it that could surely survive at Step 6.

VP

Feb 16, 2009, 3:41 PM

Post #14 of 20 (5023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As we're talking about other leagues, apparently Eversley have applied to join the CCL for next season. I think they have to finish top three to be considered. They're currently third in the Surrey Elite but Wraysbury have games in hand.
I don't know when they plan to have their lights up either and whether or not the CCL will give them some time to get them. Last season it was hinted that clubs could no longer come in from a league below without the right grading.

(This post was edited by VP on Feb 16, 2009, 3:44 PM)

vienna1964
Deleted

Feb 16, 2009, 8:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 20 (4946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
As we're talking about other leagues, apparently Eversley have applied to join the CCL for next season. I think they have to finish top three to be considered. They're currently third in the Surrey Elite but Wraysbury have games in hand.
I don't know when they plan to have their lights up either and whether or not the CCL will give them some time to get them. Last season it was hinted that clubs could no longer come in from a league below without the right grading.

Is that still the situation following the expungement of Holland Sports' results ?

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 17, 2009, 11:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 20 (4829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Niether Team Bury or Framlingham Town are top of their divisions though - will this stop them being accepted - do you ahve to finish top? Can you finish anywhere (what with the ECL having 4 vacancies, 3 if Whitton United return next season).

Will anyone step up from the anglian Combination this season? - it looks to be the strongest of the ECL's four feeder leagues. It also has a few town teams in it that could surely survive at Step 6.

They both have to finish in the top three to gain promotion.

VP

Feb 17, 2009, 1:57 PM

Post #17 of 20 (4790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Is that still the situation following the expungement of Holland Sports' results ?

Good point.

I've just had a check and I reckon they'll still be third when the Holland Sports results are expunged.

maroon
Junior Team Regular

Feb 19, 2009, 4:13 PM

Post #18 of 20 (4605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just a quick question do the CC and hellenic accept teams into the league at step six without lights, i was wondering if ascot or wokingham win their league would they be eligible,having said that Binfield look in a strong position with games in hand.

VP

Feb 19, 2009, 4:58 PM

Post #19 of 20 (4587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maroon] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just a quick question do the CC and hellenic accept teams into the league at step six without lights, i was wondering if ascot or wokingham win their league would they be eligible,having said that Binfield look in a strong position with games in hand.

Last season when Mole Valley SCR joined the CCL they were allegedly told by someone from the league that teams from lower leagues would no longer be accepted without the right grading. South Kilburn also applied to join but their application was turned down for grading reasons. The Hellenic proved to be less fussy as Kilburn were allowed into their Div 1 East.
Englefield Green and Bisley were supposed to move across into the CCL for this season but the Hellenic League decided to keep hold of them. As neither of those have lights it sounds like it's just step 7 teams that must have lights to be considered for this season. Rumours on the local grapevine say Binfield, Bisley and Ascot may be applying to move across for next season but I very much doubt Ascot will be allowed in the CCL Premier until they've got their lights up. I suspect they will be allowed in Division 1 though.

Added to that is the news that all the teams in the CCL Premier must have the correct ground grading by the end of next season and Division 1 teams the season after (possibly) so there could be a lot of movement up down and across the pyramid locally in the next couple of seasons.

**edit** - I know Englefield Green are now sharing at Egham and so do now have lights. I think their application came before the ground share was announced.

(This post was edited by VP on Feb 19, 2009, 5:07 PM)

maroon
Junior Team Regular

Feb 19, 2009, 5:27 PM

Post #20 of 20 (4571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Step 7 to step 6 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that VP, from what you said it does seem that in the future the CC would seem to be the one to move to.It does make you wonder what the futre of the hellenic is if they are struggling to fill there places at present.Personally i would like to see a hellenic/berks type league using the reading league as division two. But those in the knowledge will probably say that wont workUnsure

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3