Wessex League

Newport (I.O.W.) FC
Poole Town FC
V.T. FC
Wimborne Town FC

Western League

Dawlish Town FC
Frome Town FC

(This post was edited by Tony Kempster on Jan 7, 2009, 5:38 PM)

busky
Youth Team Sub

Jan 7, 2009, 5:53 PM

Team(s): AFC Sudbury

Post #2 of 66 (7773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Message from the Leiston secretary on the AFC Sudbury website stating that Leiston have NOT applied.

One day it will all come good

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Jan 7, 2009, 5:57 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #3 of 66 (7765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [busky] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rather than put it on another club's website, I suggest they contact the FA as the FA have an application form from them Crazy

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 7, 2009, 6:04 PM

Post #4 of 66 (7752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm surprised Egham have applied from the CoCo. The others were all expected although I thought Molesey may have given it a go as they're on a bit of a roll at the moment. Perhaps they didn't realise you have to apply for promotion this low down these days!

Jon
Junior Team Regular

Jan 7, 2009, 8:14 PM

Post #5 of 66 (7650 views)
Shortcut

How definitive is this list Tony? There seem to be some teams conspicuous by their absence who I would have bet my mortgage on applying!

UKPunk

Jan 7, 2009, 8:24 PM

Post #6 of 66 (7640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [busky] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Message from the Leiston secretary on the AFC Sudbury website stating that Leiston have NOT applied.

Coincidentally I was at Leiston last Saturday and one of their fans told me he believed that they had applied. I didn't take him seriously due to the fact that it looks like they'd have to do an awful amount of work to the ground to get it up to standard. Which is a shame having seen what a good side they have there.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Jan 7, 2009, 9:15 PM

Post #7 of 66 (7606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How definitive is this list Tony? There seem to be some teams conspicuous by their absence who I would have bet my mortgage on applying!

This is the list of clubs that applied by 31st of December and provided to me by Mike Appleby today. So I would think it's fairly definitive.

bobbydazler
Ballboy/girl

Jan 7, 2009, 10:46 PM

Post #8 of 66 (7536 views)
Shortcut

Tony,

Am i correct in saying that if any other club, other than those that have applied for promotion, will not be eligible for promotion if they win the league and have not applied?.

I just cannot understand why Market Drayton and Barwell who are favourites to win the Midland Alliance have yet to apply for promotion!.

Many Thanks

dave
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2009, 11:46 PM

Post #9 of 66 (7482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bobbydazler] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So now we know the list of teams applied, does anyone know the ground grading each club has got. And also if promotion is dependant on any other things like finance etc.

Assuming a club meats these criteria, is promotion dependant on league position, or is it likely that teams will go up, if there is a shortage of teams meeting the criteria regardless of league position.

htfc-karl
Junior Team Sub

Jan 7, 2009, 11:55 PM

Post #10 of 66 (7477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No Hungerford Town from the Hellenic ?

11 points clear at the top , and although others have games in hand, they are still one of the pacesetters..

Seems strange as it was one of the clubs targets, are we sure this list is fully complete ?????????????

simmo
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 8, 2009, 12:19 AM

Team(s): Bilston Town, Tipton Town, AFC Telford United, Vauxhall Motors

Post #11 of 66 (7461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bobbydazler] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tony,

Am i correct in saying that if any other club, other than those that have applied for promotion, will not be eligible for promotion if they win the league and have not applied?.

I just cannot understand why Market Drayton and Barwell who are favourites to win the Midland Alliance have yet to apply for promotion!.

Many Thanks

I was going to pass exactly the same comment! Barwell's ground will surely pass for step 4 with flying colours. Market Drayton's ground surely will not; however there is a post on the MFA forum from the Cradley manager, stating that Market Drayton will get promoted if they finish high enough.

KnowYourMarket

Jan 8, 2009, 9:44 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #12 of 66 (7389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think I am correct in saying that only teams who finish in the top 2 can be promoted even with a shortage of clubs. The Northern League scenario recently was trying to correct a geograhical skew.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

htfc-karl
Junior Team Sub

Jan 8, 2009, 9:45 AM

Post #13 of 66 (7387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simmo] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ok well maybe there are some mistakes.

Hungerfords general secretary has confirmed they have applied, and have confirmation ????

Maybe that list wants rechecking,,,

KnowYourMarket

Jan 8, 2009, 9:49 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #14 of 66 (7384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Based on current top 2s every step 5 league will have a candidate subject to ground grading. So we could have some disappointed teams if there are too many qualifiers.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by modelhobbies on Jan 8, 2009, 9:49 AM)

Tim

Jan 8, 2009, 10:04 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #15 of 66 (7372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unlikely, Modelhobbies. Nearer the time, I'm sure more than one club will do a Slimbridge.

coops
First Team Sub

Jan 8, 2009, 10:07 AM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #16 of 66 (7371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simmo] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barwell looked a very well run club when I visited earlier this season and there will be a lot worse grounds at Step 4 than theirs!

I suppose there could be several other reasons why they don't want promotion though.

Sarumio

Jan 8, 2009, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #17 of 66 (7365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htfc-karl] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ok well maybe there are some mistakes.

Hungerfords general secretary has confirmed they have applied, and have confirmation ????

Maybe that list wants rechecking,,,

Must say, I'd be very surprised if Hungerford Town haven't applied, strange that Dereham Town and Barwell haven't applied too.

Disappointed with the interest shown by the Northern League clubs yet again, Shildon haven't a hop in hell of finishing in the top two this season and it will be a shock if Dunston Federation can dislodge 2 of the 3 non-appliers currently above them in my opinion.

acmold

Jan 8, 2009, 10:24 AM

Post #18 of 66 (7362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or

Interesting both Chalfont St Peter and Chalfont Wasps have applied, if both did get promoted whats the better one would be allocated to the Isthmian League and one to the Southern League, even to the Midland Division !.

htfc-karl
Junior Team Sub

Jan 8, 2009, 10:24 AM

Post #19 of 66 (7362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also of course HUngerfords ground was graded for last seasons challenge, and some small remedial works carried out to obtain grading. So they would definitely qualify for promotion if they win the league...

VP

Jan 8, 2009, 10:49 AM

Post #20 of 66 (7349 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So now we know the list of teams applied, does anyone know the ground grading each club has got. And also if promotion is dependant on any other things like finance etc.

The only grade I'm 100% certain of is Camberley who currently have an 'F'. We had the first visit from the graders last season when we applied and got a list of stuff to do to get an 'E' and a 'D'. We got on with the work but didn't get the second visit from the graders as so many teams applied they decided to concentrate on the teams most likely to get promoted. As Merstham were running away with the league they didn't bother re-visiting the other clubs in the division. This time around the club is hopeful of getting the 'E' grade and, in due course, the 'D' grade.
You have to assume Bedfont Green will be OK due to sharing with Windsor & Eton and I reckon Epsom & Ewell only need to put in an extra turnstile to get an 'E'.
It's impossible to tell just from visiting a ground as the grading covers all sorts of stuff the punters won't see. The full grading document is here:- http://www.thefa.com/...417/GradeEJuly08.pdf

(This post was edited by VP on Jan 8, 2009, 10:51 AM)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 8, 2009, 11:32 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #21 of 66 (7326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htfc-karl] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Also of course HUngerfords ground was graded for last seasons challenge, and some small remedial works carried out to obtain grading. So they would definitely qualify for promotion if they win the league...

I hope they knew you have to reapply each year.
I also cant understand the references to clubs missing out on promotion.
With 14 leagues and 13 available places the most that can happen is one disappointed club and that is unlikely.

htfc-karl
Junior Team Sub

Jan 8, 2009, 11:42 AM

Post #22 of 66 (7317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Confirmed Step 5 to Step 4 applicants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well according to their gen secretary, they have confimration of their application ??

Either someones made a big booboo, or the list simply has an error or two........

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 8, 2009, 11:49 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #23 of 66 (7310 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well according to their gen secretary, they have confimration of their application ??

Either someones made a big booboo, or the list simply has an error or two........

Well i am sure by now he will be on to the FA about it.

Sarumio

Jan 8, 2009, 1:40 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #24 of 66 (7236 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Based on current top 2s every step 5 league will have a candidate subject to ground grading. So we could have some disappointed teams if there are too many qualifiers.

Think you've made a slight error in your workings out? I think...

Dunston Federation currently sit in 4th and a worse points per game ratio than the current top two Spennymoor Town and Consett. Without a NL club going up, there would be the perfect 13 needed! I'm guessing the Northern League would have a fit at the suggestion that they should let The Fed go even if they finish outside the top 2 (in say 3rd or 4th).

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Jan 8, 2009, 3:01 PM

Post #25 of 66 (7191 views)
Shortcut

Contacted Mike about the obvious omissions.

Hungerford's arrived this morning dated 10th December but with an illegible postmark so he is accepting it.
Barwell have rung him to check and yes he had got the form but had not put their name on the list
He is ringing Market Drayton as he has received nothing from them.

So we can add Hungerford and Barwell to the list.

Any others that I hear of, I will post here and on the main site

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3