Home: Non League Football Information: History:
Belgian team from the 1960's

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 21, 2008, 4:01 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Belgian team from the 1960's Can't Post or Reply Privately

I suppose this could be in the international section but it is a history related question which I'm hoping someone can help on.

I'm checking and updating Camberley's past results. In 1961 we played a team listed as 'Entente de Leers (Belgium)'. I can't find any reference to this team anywhere in internet land and, as Leers is in France, I'm not sure if the team's actually French or whether they were from Leers-Nord in Belgium and we've got the name printed incorrectly.

Can anyone help?

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 21, 2008, 7:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Belgian team from the 1960's [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The current team in Leers-Nord is Union Sportive Leersoise. According to the bible of Belgian footie hstory: http://users.skynet.be/...xtbelgium/Teams.html USL have a relatively recent matricule number, which suggests that an earlier club went bust and didn't merge with another Leers outfit.

So Entente de Leers may well have been the correct name but the team no longer exists?

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 22, 2008, 3:44 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aiwa] Belgian team from the 1960's [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3