Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
FA National League Systems Cup

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 21, 2008, 3:27 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #1 of 43 (20445 views)
Shortcut
FA National League Systems Cup Can't Post or Reply Privately

Here is the draw

http://full-time.thefa.com/...ue4856192/144806.doc

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 21, 2008, 8:52 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 43 (20427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any Spartan South Midlands information would be appreciated from any local experts out there as it will no doubt be one of the few times a programme is put together for a Jersey fixture so the sooner an outline is drafted the better.

Part Time Par
Youth Team Sub

Dec 22, 2008, 2:16 PM

Post #3 of 43 (20346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The officers of the league are very nice people, go to www.ssmfl.org details of contacts are on there.

John Treleven

Dec 22, 2008, 2:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 43 (20343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part Time Par] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you

Mishi

Dec 22, 2008, 11:30 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #5 of 43 (20281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I must confess I've never seen any games in this competition, and am even less likely to than 'serious' groundhoppers, as I follow a specific club first & foremost.
But this cup appears to grow in stature each time it's played for, so may try to go out of my way to watch a local(ish) match or two in it.
What are peoples' opinions of it, from those who have seen mathces in it?
And when do the dates & venues tend to get announced?

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

John Treleven

Dec 22, 2008, 11:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 43 (20277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have only seen Jsy v Gsy last season, prob Wessex Lge standard.

Prel Rd due by Apr 11th so dates will prob be the two or three weeks beforehand.

Geoff
First Team Sub

Dec 23, 2008, 2:32 AM

Post #7 of 43 (20270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mishi - Having seen quite a number of games in this competition (including last year’s final) I can highly recommend it. It is generally taken seriously by the leagues involved so they prepare properly. Most of the games I have seen have been very entertaining with a standard probably at least equivalent to a decent level 5 team.
Surprise results are not uncommon as some leagues are unable to select from all their players because those who have been "on contract" with any club at any time are ineligible for this competition.
The FA website shows the draw and fixture dates (under the FA Cup section) but the individual league websites tend to have the match details earlier.

cope1

Dec 23, 2008, 10:57 AM

Post #8 of 43 (20233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I take quite an interest in it and therefore bug our secretary for details on a regular basis so the SAL will have info pretty quickly. I am more than happy to supply it via this site too though.

I see that from the next edition the holders are only exempt to Round 1. Common sense I think - I could never understand the bye to Round 2 previously - although I wouldn't have minded had they allowed that luxury...

One thing I'd like to see different is the scheduling. The 08-08 and 09-10 competitions both play in the Preliminary Round in the first season of the two. As so many leagues seem unwilling to play midweek we lost 5 Saturdays last time which caused a few fixture headaches for the top teams in the SAL. It would make more sense to me if they spread the rounds out across the two seasons a bit more. Maybe having Prelim, Round 1 and Round 2 in 08-09 with the remainder in 09-10. Anyone know why they don't do that? I can only think it's so that the team that starts the campaign is more likely to be there to finish it, rather than having players move on along the way.

John Treleven

Dec 23, 2008, 11:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 43 (20182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Draw this year is only split North/South rather than the previous East/West as well

John Treleven

Jan 20, 2009, 10:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 43 (19897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part Time Par] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jersey v South Midlands, Sat 28th March 2pm at Springfield

cope1

Aug 19, 2009, 8:09 PM

Post #11 of 43 (19073 views)
Shortcut

Can anyone clear up a bit of confusion for me? The FA site lists the following fixtures in Round 1:

2. Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League v Anglian Combination (at Padiham)
4. Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League v Birmingham & District Amateur League (at Maine Road FC)

One of the Lancs teams should be Lancashire Amateur League but I cannot find out which. In case it occurs to you too, neither of these ties is a Prelim Round tie. There is already a 2 and a 4 in there with different sides.

The L&CAL site doesn't seem to mention the NLS Cup;
The Anglian Comb copies the FA site;
The B&DAL site doesn't list anything about it;
The LAL site mentions they have a bye in the First Round (the Preliminary Round actually) but doesn't say who they are playing in Round 2.

The venues don't give anything away. Neither play in the leagues they are hosting and with one in Lancs and one in Manchester there isn't much to go on on location either.

I'm entering them into the SAL site so any ideas welcome!

John Treleven

Aug 19, 2009, 8:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 43 (19068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ORIGINAL F.A. VERSION OF DRAW

FA NATIONAL LEAGUE SYSTEM CUP
2009/2010
FIRST ROUND DRAW
TIES TO BE COMPLTED BY 26 SEPTEMBER 2009

1 Humber Premier League v West Cheshire League

2 Lancashire Amateur League v Anglian Combination

3 Cheshire Football League v Yorkshire Old Boys League

4 Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League v Birmingham & District Amateur League

5 Northamptonshire Combination v West Riding County Amateur League

6 Teesside Football League v Cambridgeshire County League

7 Northern Football Alliance v Liverpool County Premier League

8 Midland Football Combination (Div 1) v Isle of Man League

9 Dorset Premier League v Sussex County League (Div 3)

10 Bedfordshire Football League v Amateur Football Combination

11 Worthing & District League v Essex Olympian League

12 Hertfordshire County Senior League v Essex & Suffolk Border League

13 Wiltshire Football League v Jersey Football Combination

14 Northampton Town League v Guernsey Senior County League

15 Southern Amateur League (Holders) v Gloucestershire County League

16 Somerset County League v Reading Football League
or Middlesex County League

cope1

Aug 20, 2009, 12:29 AM

Post #13 of 43 (19040 views)
Shortcut

Thanks John.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Aug 20, 2009, 12:34 AM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 43 (19039 views)
Shortcut

This article on the LandC website confirms John's details as correct. http://www.landc.co.uk/viewarticle.aspx?id=680

The venues are fairly indicative too. Padiham in very much in LAL territory, but well outside the LandC's area. Nevertheless, you would think the FA would have spotted and corrected this error by now.

Forester
Youth Team Star

Sep 1, 2009, 11:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 43 (18870 views)
Shortcut

FA NATIONAL LEAGUE SYSTEM CUP
2009/2010

FIRST ROUND DRAW
TIES TO BE COMPLTED BY 26 SEPTEMBER 2009

1 Humber Premier League v West Cheshire League (at North Ferriby Utd FC - Sat 19th Sep - 2.00)

2 Lancashire Amateur League v Anglian Combination (at Padiham FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

3 Cheshire Football League v Yorkshire Old Boys League (at Northwich Victoria FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

4 Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League v Birmingham & District Amateur League (at Maine Road FC - Wed 16th Sep - 7.30)

5 Northamptonshire Combination v West Riding County Amateur League (at Harborough Town FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

6 Teesside Football League v Cambridgeshire County League (at Norton & Stockton Ancients FC - Sat 26th Sep - 2.00)

7 Northern Football Alliance v Liverpool County Premier League (at Whitley Bay FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

8 Midland Football Combination (Div 1) v Isle of Man League (at West Midlands Police FC - Sat 26th Sep - 7.30)

9 Dorset Premier League v Sussex County League (Div 3) (at Portland Utd FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

10 Bedfordshire Football League v Amateur Football Combination (at Biggleswade Town FC - Wed 23rd Sep - 7.30)

11 Worthing & District League v Essex Olympian League (at Lancing FC - Sat 26th Sep - 2.30)

12 Hertfordshire County Senior League v Essex & Suffolk Border League (at Wormley Rovers FC - Sat 26th Sep - 3.00)

13 Wiltshire Football League v Jersey Football Combination (at Swindon Supermarine FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

14 Northampton Town League v Guernsey Senior County League (at Cogenoe Utd FC - Sat 19th Sep - 2.00)

15 Southern Amateur League (Holders) v Gloucestershire County League (at London Lions FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

16 Somerset County League v Reading Football League (at Mangotsfield Utd FC - Sat 19th Sep - 3.00)

cope1

Sep 2, 2009, 12:33 PM

Post #16 of 43 (18844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forester] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone have any knowledge of the Gloucs County League? I am doing the programme (only 1 x A4 folder I'm afraid) for the SAL game and I'm trying to find some history. I will be in touch with the league at some point but I thought some of you knowledgeable chaps might be able to give me a head start?

Cheers

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Sep 2, 2009, 1:43 PM

Post #17 of 43 (18828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The league has a small history page on their web site at http://countyleague.co.uk/about/about.html

Similarly Wikipedia has a brief history on it's pages too. http://en.wikipedia.org/...rshire_County_League

Both may be of use when preparing your programme.

John Treleven

Sep 2, 2009, 2:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 43 (18823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat Aug 29 Dandara Jersey Football Combination Team Manager Jon Welsh has announced the following squad of 16 for the National League Systems Cup match againt Wiltshire on 19th September 2009 at Swindon Supermarine 3p.m. Jon will be assisted by Kevin McCarthy, Steve Martin & Dave Walsh.
Jimmy Styles - Trinity Craig Fletcher - Jersey Scottish James Scott - Jersey Scottish Stuart Andre - St. Paul's Scott Devlin - St. Paul's Russell Le Feuvre - Grouville Jack Cannon - St. Paul's Dave Watson - St. Paul's Chris Andrews - Jersey Wanderers Luke Watson - St. Paul's David Le Roux - Trinity Sam Twoerk - St. Peter Ross Crick - St. Paul's Craig Russell - St. Paul's John-Paul Martyn - St. Paul's Craig Leitch - St. Paul's

WarwickBrake
Youth Team Sub

Sep 2, 2009, 7:48 PM

Post #19 of 43 (18796 views)
Shortcut

Has anyone told Swindon Supermarine and Leamington about this match because they are due to play a Southern league Premier Division match on the same day!!

AndrewG
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2009, 12:48 AM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 43 (18775 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sat Aug 29 Dandara Jersey Football Combination Team Manager Jon Welsh has announced the following squad of 16 for the National League Systems Cup match againt Wiltshire on 19th September 2009 at Swindon Supermarine 3p.m. Jon will be assisted by Kevin McCarthy, Steve Martin & Dave Walsh.
Jimmy Styles - Trinity Craig Fletcher - Jersey Scottish James Scott - Jersey Scottish Stuart Andre - St. Paul's Scott Devlin - St. Paul's Russell Le Feuvre - Grouville Jack Cannon - St. Paul's Dave Watson - St. Paul's Chris Andrews - Jersey Wanderers Luke Watson - St. Paul's David Le Roux - Trinity Sam Twoerk - St. Peter Ross Crick - St. Paul's Craig Russell - St. Paul's John-Paul Martyn - St. Paul's Craig Leitch - St. Paul's

Five out of the sixteen were not in Jersey's Island Games winning squad, although I assume one is a goalkeeper because of Andrew Bird's injury. I think one or two who played in Aland were based off island and will therefore not be eligible, but any particular reason for so many changes to a winning squad that you know of John?

Edited to say that I have just had the thought that the eligibility rules for this competition which rule out any player who has ever been on contract may have forced some of the changes.

(This post was edited by AndrewG on Sep 3, 2009, 12:57 AM)

John Treleven

Sep 3, 2009, 1:06 AM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 43 (18772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Out from the Island Games squad are -
Andrew Bird (injured), Michael Weir (plays for Maritimo in Portugal), Jay Reid, James Queree (left for U.S. college), James Hayward, Ben Gallichan and
Mark Lucas. Bird, Queree & Lucas would have been likely starters.

In come Craig Fletcher (GK, for Bird), James Scott (teacher so could not travel to Aland), Scott Devlin (not able to go to Aland), Craig Leitch (top scorer in
2007/8 who returned in New Year 2009 after travelling but carrying quite a bit of extra weight) plus newcomer "Sam" Twoerk.

This squad is as good, if not better, than the Aland team.

It seems match may be in the Supermarine rugby/football "complex" not on SSFC pitch itself.

acmold

Sep 3, 2009, 9:19 AM

Post #22 of 43 (18756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Out from the Island Games squad are -
Andrew Bird (injured), Michael Weir (plays for Maritimo in Portugal), Jay Reid, James Queree (left for U.S. college), James Hayward, Ben Gallichan and
Mark Lucas. Bird, Queree & Lucas would have been likely starters.

In come Craig Fletcher (GK, for Bird), James Scott (teacher so could not travel to Aland), Scott Devlin (not able to go to Aland), Craig Leitch (top scorer in
2007/8 who returned in New Year 2009 after travelling but carrying quite a bit of extra weight) plus newcomer "Sam" Twoerk.

This squad is as good, if not better, than the Aland team.

It seems match may be in the Supermarine rugby/football "complex" not on SSFC pitch itself.

That may well be the New College ground which is the other side of the large clubhouse in the complex, it is railed, with dug-outs and has lights. It would also mean the teams from the Rep game could use the said large clubhouse as Supermarine have their own inside their ground.

John Treleven

Sep 3, 2009, 12:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 43 (18743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So prob meets FANLS minimum standards requirements

Forester
Youth Team Star

Oct 21, 2009, 10:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 43 (17813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forester] FA National League Systems Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Round 2 Draw

West Riding County Amateur League vs Yorkshire Old Boys League (14/11/09 at Campion FC, 1.30 pm)

Reading Football League vs Hertfordshire Senior County League (14/11/09 at Newbury FC, 2.00 pm)

Guernsey Senior County League vs Southern Amateur Football League (21/11/09 at Corbet Field, 2.00 pm)

Liverpool County Premier League vs Isle of Man League (5/12/09 at Liverpool County FA, 2.30 pm)

Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League vs Cambridgeshire County League (12/12/09 at TBA, 2.00 pm)

Lancashire Amateur League vs Humber Premier League (12/12/09 at TBA, 2.00 pm)

Bedfordshire Football League vs Dorset Premier League (12/12/09 at TBA, 2.00 pm)

Essex Olympian League vs Jersey Football Combination (12/12/09 at AFC Hornchurch, 3.00 pm)

Felix
Reserve Team Star

Dec 12, 2009, 8:08 PM

Post #25 of 43 (15767 views)
Shortcut

2nd round results

Lancashire Amateur League 2 – 3 West Cheshire League 09/12/2009
Liverpool County Premier League 2 – 1 Isle of Man League 05/12/2009
Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League 0 – 5 Cambridgeshire County League 5/12/2009
Bedfordshire Football League 1 – 2 Dorset Premier League 28/11/2009
Guernsey Senior County League 3 – 2 Southern Amateur Football League 21/11/2009
West Riding County Amateur League 0 – 3 Yorkshire Old Boys League 14/11/2009
Reading Football League 2 - 3 Hertfordshire Senior County League 12/12/2009
Essex Olympian League 0 - 1 Jersey Football Combination 12/12/09

(This post was edited by Felix on Dec 13, 2009, 10:04 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3