Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Trip to Netherlands

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Nov 12, 2008, 10:16 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #1 of 7 (1290 views)
Shortcut
Trip to Netherlands Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am off to the Netherlands next weekend (Nov 21st)and hoping to do Omniworld on the Friday, De Graafschap on the Saturday and Go Ahead Eagles on the Sunday. I e mailed the first and third of these weeks ago about what I needed to do to get in and received no reply. De Graafschap said I would need a clubcard which I could get off the website. I have found it but have no idea how to fill it in as my knowledge of Dutch is zero. Can anyone help with this at all and should I worry about the lack of reply from the other clubs or will passport be enough to get me in ? I am also a referee and have used that card before to get me in to Dutch grounds.
Thanks

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

Workington Reds
Youth Team Sub

Nov 13, 2008, 11:57 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Trip to Netherlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to De Graffscap a couple of years ago and turned up without a club card or ticket. We spoke to a senior steward who told us that the game was sold out. He then said to wait and after the game had kicked off they look for empty seats in the ground (season ticket holders who haven't turned up). He managed get us two seats together and seats for a group of 10 Buyern Munich supporters.

Don't know if they still do this but could be worth a try if your stuck.

StephenHarris
First Team Sub

Nov 13, 2008, 3:32 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Hastings United, CA Huracan

Post #3 of 7 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Trip to Netherlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My own de Graafscap experience was equally strange - a few years ago now. It turned out that no tickets were being sold on the day to anyone reagardless of what plastic you were holding as the opposition was Den Haag. I pleaded that I had come all the way from London especially for the game. After some tutting and shrugging of shoulders a steward showed me through a door into what turned out to be the sponsors' lounge, from which I was able to bunk into the stands.

Not much help to you I realise.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 13, 2008, 9:45 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1195 views)
Shortcut

Unless things have changed drastically at Omniworld in the last couple of years, you should have no trouble there - they will be grateful to welcome anyone who wants to watch.

Go Ahead could be more problematic as Den Bosch is likely to be a 'risk' game. Don't know how you are travelling but, if you can, it might be worth dropping in on the Saturday on your way to Doetinchem.

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 13, 2008, 9:58 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Trip to Netherlands [In reply to] Can't Post or

Dutch league clubs really are a complete pain in the *rs*. I thought they had seen the light over Clubcards some years ago but it seems they are creeping back in almost everywhere - clubs like AZ, Ajax or Den Haag you can perhaps understand - but De Graafscrap ?

I seriously wonder whether some clubs in Europe are breaching any UEFA rules, let alone EC law, with the restrictions they place upon individuals trying to buy tickets, especially where the systems used for sales discriminate against foreign nationals, e. g. a lot of clubs in France where to order tickets on the net you have to have an address in France.

Any experts on EC law out there, particularly relating to admission to publicly advertised entertainment/sporting events ?

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 13, 2008, 10:16 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Trip to Netherlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Amazingly, Den Haag have started putting tickets on open sale recently as long as you produce passport or ID card - this is the official line as published on their website not the unofficial practice which you sometimes find elsewhere.

I am not an expert on EU law but I would expect that as long as the French clubs accept bookings from British/German etc nationals with addresses in France (and, conversely, not from French nationals solely resident in the UK) they would not be committing an offence.

Going back to the situation in the Netherlands, although irritating, it is really only the equivalent to that pertaining at many clubs in the Premership/Championship where they will only sell tickets to paid up members or those who have a 'booking history/loyalty points'.

(This post was edited by mick on Nov 13, 2008, 10:18 PM)

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Nov 17, 2008, 2:30 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #7 of 7 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Trip to Netherlands [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for your helpful comments Mick - it looks like I shall be relying on the powers of persuasion at 2 of the games as I will be using the excellent Dutch rail system to get around. I may have to consider an amateur game on Saturday afternoon as an alternative to De Graafschap. Anyone know the nearest one to Delft (where I am staying with friends) at home on Saturday?

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3