Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Seville trip

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Oct 28, 2008, 6:40 AM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #1 of 3 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Seville trip Can't Post or Reply Privately

This weekend I'm hoping to watch Betis play Deportivo at 2100 which will leave me just Recreativo in this area for top 2 divisions. I looked at Seville website as may revisit the main stadium but this Sunday at 1700 when they play Hercules it advised game is being played at Ciudad Deportivo. Details of ground advise 'la Carretera de Utera. Situacion. Ctra.Utera km.1 Sevilla.' Carretera means road & Utera is a place SE of Seville. Has anyone been here & knows where this is. Is it 1km from Seville or 1km from Utera. Thanks in advance.

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Oct 28, 2008, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Seville trip [In reply to] Can't Post or

Enter the co-ordinates:

37.170498, -5.769021

into Google Maps. I suspect this is the place you are after

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Nov 4, 2008, 3:25 AM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #3 of 3 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Seville trip [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Friday am I flew to Seville. On Saturday I done the touristy thing & went to Ronda which is a nice place for their late afternoon game. On arrival by bus I saw floodlights near station & after finding somewhere to stay (last bus back to Seville is 1900) I checked out ground. This was just a plastic pitch with various games throughout day but I was advised where Ronda's ground was. I later headed for ground but no sign of it. 3rd person lucky I was advised totally wrong. It was just off my map.

01.11.08 Club Deportiva Ronda V Union Deportiva Almeria B
3a Tercera Dvision Grupo 9 (Andalucia Oriental y Melilla) Level 4
KO:1700 Score:1-2 Att:700 (I estimated 225)
10 euros grass pitch 4 corner floodlights.
Weather: Rained all game mostly heavy. Slightly chilly.
The main stand has 11 rows of covered raised concrete steps (this is the only cover) which straddles the halfway line. Like everywhere else its partly painted green. Either side are 3 rows one side & 4 the other also raised. Opposite this is 3 or 4 rows of terracing. Behind one goal is 5 rows of raised terracing slightly curved & the other goal just has trees.
The pitch was very slippery & cut up with some puddles. Very good game. Almeria B went 2 up on 14 & 28 mins. Then it was all Ronda. 2nd half started with visitors & officials changing kit. Ronda scored on 61 mins but couldn't get the equaliser they deserved. At full-time players pushing each other as they left pitch.

On sunday I caught 0700 bus back to Seville to arrive at 0930 & got a bed for the night which gave me a chance for an early game. Betis C was out as they started at 1000. So I headed for Tomares a 15 min bus ride (motorway I think) from Plaza de Armas bus station.

This was my 900th ground. 02.11.08
Union Deportiva Tomares V A.D. San Jose KO:1200 Score:0-2 Att:147 h/c Weather: Hazy sunshine, started warm but got cooler, mid teens. Primera Divsion Andalucia Occidental Grupo 2 Cordoba-Sevilla (Level 5 I think)
8 euros Artificial pitch with other markings 2 floodlights in each half.
Newish main stand had 12 rows of plastic seats in Yellow & Blue but the only cover in ground is for back 6 rows. This straddles half way line aswell. Around pitch is a mixture of hardstanding & hard sand. Opposite is a just 1 or 2 steps of terracing. Nothing behind goal except a slight banking of dirt.
Nothing special this game the visitors winning with goals on 19 & 64 mins. 7 yellow cards but there were also 2 red & 2 yellows for coaching staff.

I decided not to go to Sevilla Atletico (thanks for map details) as ground is south of Utrera. This would have been a rush. I think this was the 1st time they've played their this season so it may be hard to tick this gound but they are bottom at moment (good).

02.11.08 Real Betis Balompie V Real Club Deportivo de la Coruna KO:2100 Score:0-3 Att:38,000 (I saw 2 38's, a 36 & a 40 in papers) Prices were between 30-60 euros. I paid 30 for a superb view just outside 18 yard area on top tier opposite main stand 3rd row. I bought ticket on Friday as window opened at 1805. Good job I wasn't in a rush as I had gate 20 but you don't use gate 19-21 I had to use 21-23. When inside had to walk to the end & gate 20 is next to 22. Once inside ground no stewards & seat numbers non-existent except for a few.
Weather: 12 to 14 degrees. Super ground but if it rains it would be a nightmare as not much cover. Wont go into detail as its featured on Sky a lot (sorry if you haven't got Sky). Barely anything happened for 25mins then a flurry of chances but didn't really look like being a goal. There was then a clash with 2 Betis players injured & Depor broke on 59 mins to score which made crowd mad. In Spain they have this awful obsession with kicking ball out of play when there's an injury. Thankfully Depor didn't as I think its a nonsense as it breaks up play to much. Betis scored on 78 & 86 mins. In between Betis had player sent off on 80mins. I enjoyed the game with a lot of good football. Betis were the better team until the goal & were starting to dominate but at least Depor didn't come for a 0-0. Appeared to be no away fans as silence for 2nd & 3rd goals.

Flight back Monday night (this was just in case I went to Huelva & they had a late start).

Although nothing to do with football on Sat at 1700 Spain played Cambridge University in Rugby at Le Cartuja (Olimpic Stadium).

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3