First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Oct 5, 2008, 1:01 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #1 of 206 (78946 views)
Shortcut
What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 Can't Post or Reply Privately

My first attempt at what steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 based on league positions to 4th October are now on site at http://tonykempster.co.uk/maps09-10.htm

Comments and suggestions welcome.

kivo
First Team Regular

Oct 5, 2008, 4:32 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #2 of 206 (78874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very early days Wink

But fantastic guide as usual.

Just had a look, wouldn't Worksop Town be relegated as things stand?

(This post was edited by kivo on Oct 5, 2008, 4:34 PM)

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Oct 5, 2008, 6:34 PM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting, Bromsgrove Rovers, Tottenham H, Gainsborough Trinity

Post #3 of 206 (78848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Very early days Wink

But fantastic guide as usual.

Just had a look, wouldn't Worksop Town be relegated as things stand?

Not on the basis of Points Per Game as they've played less than Frickley who are on the same points.

cooksmad
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 6, 2008, 8:46 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 206 (78737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StokePriorAndy] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony,

Looking at your Pedictions for the Southern League Midland division i take it your Predicting Rothwell Town to get relegated to the UCL?

It then wouldn't matter if a UCL team were again not to go up as there is 21 teams in the Premier division so plus rothwell makes 22 teams and a game for everyone every week.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Oct 6, 2008, 9:34 AM

Post #5 of 206 (78728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cooksmad] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

To quote the FA. All clubs relegated from step 4 will be allocated to the most appropriate step 5 league.

To me and you it would be obvious that Rothwell would go to the UCL but, remember, this is the FA we're talking about so they could end up elsewhereWink

cooksmad
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 6, 2008, 9:41 AM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 206 (78723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So as i said even if Rothwell or Woodford get relegated it wouldn't matter if no team from the UCL were to replace them- as their is currently 21 teams in that division and there would be a spare space.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 6, 2008, 9:46 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 206 (78722 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
To quote the FA. All clubs relegated from step 4 will be allocated to the most appropriate step 5 league.

To me and you it would be obvious that Rothwell would go to the UCL but, remember, this is the FA we're talking about so they could end up elsewhereWink

But Rothwell Corinthians play in the UCL - there'd be no reason whatsoever to send Rothwell Town elsewhere! (I know the Buckinghams play in seperate divisions but thats for historical reasons - if one of the was now relegated from Step 4 they'd be placed in the same division that the other Buckingham club plays in surely).

Also Tony - Boreham Wood & Harlow Town moving to SL and Bashley the other way? Is it not more likely that those 3 clubs would stay where they are (to minimise moving clubs unneccesarily) and that Basingstoke Town would simply be relegated to the Isthmian Premier.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Oct 6, 2008, 10:07 AM

Post #8 of 206 (78711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Also Tony - Boreham Wood & Harlow Town moving to SL and Bashley the other way? Is it not more likely that those 3 clubs would stay where they are (to minimise moving clubs unneccesarily) and that Basingstoke Town would simply be relegated to the Isthmian Premier.

It could certainly go that way if they want to minimise divisional transfers. I have done it the way I have for two reasons
a) Bashley are out on a limb if in the SL
b) The IL have gone on record as saying they see their territory running south of a line from the New Forest, up the M3, around the M25 and along the A12 upto Ipswich

CheshFan
Junior Team Star

Oct 9, 2008, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Chesham United

Post #9 of 206 (78524 views)
Shortcut

I know Sycob are doing well but Can't see them in the Southern Premier any time soon

Alb E's
Junior Team Star

Oct 20, 2008, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Epsom & Ewell, Fulham

Post #10 of 206 (78221 views)
Shortcut

No team promoted from the Combined Counties? I hope not!

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Oct 27, 2008, 11:01 AM

Post #11 of 206 (77983 views)
Shortcut

Updated to reflect league positions at 25th October.

VP

Oct 27, 2008, 12:37 PM

Post #12 of 206 (77963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alb E's] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No team promoted from the Combined Counties? I hope not!

There you go. You're up now. The pressure's on! Let's hope you don't crumble and allow someone to overtake you! Wink

In all seriousness though, as there's fourteen leagues fighting for thirteen places I would be most outraged if Camberley managed to win the league but didn't have enough points per game to go up. I know this hasn't happened before but, knowing my luck, it will this season.
If it happened to Epsom & Ewell or someone from a different league I wouldn't feel quite as bad but it would still be wrong.

(This post was edited by VP on Oct 27, 2008, 12:42 PM)

Alb E's
Junior Team Star

Oct 28, 2008, 4:40 PM

Team(s): Epsom & Ewell, Fulham

Post #13 of 206 (77831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I personally reckon it should be two up and three down, but there you go...

I'm not crowing about owt until tomorrow...

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Nov 28, 2008, 10:42 AM

Post #14 of 206 (77402 views)
Shortcut

Updated based on league positions on 26th November.
http://tonykempster.co.uk/maps09-10.htm

acmold

Nov 28, 2008, 12:06 PM

Post #15 of 206 (77368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

On all those maps the North - South divide is more or less running along a the Chelmsford - Luton - Oxford - Gloucester line.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Dec 22, 2008, 1:51 PM

Post #16 of 206 (76896 views)
Shortcut

Updated to reflect league tables to 21st Dec.

Comments and suggestions, as always, are welcome.

stourboy
First Team Star

Dec 22, 2008, 6:07 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #17 of 206 (76810 views)
Shortcut

SLP looks much better - not only are we included for the first time thanks to recent form but local teams such as Atherstone and Leamington.

For the yellow dots on the map the only 'anomaly' seems to be Boston; in fact I nearly missed that on first glance - admittedly there is no other way around it in fairness.

Boston to Tiverton and visa versa is a journey I wouldn't like to make!

bezza
Youth Team Star

Dec 22, 2008, 8:10 PM

Post #18 of 206 (76766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Step 3 is difficult to sort out as stated above and probably Tony has got it spot on. An alternative you could always swap Boston with Ilkeston as Ilkeston would have good motorway access for most of their games in the south. This would Perhaps lead to Boston having less travel in the North but would increase Ilkestons travel down south and will deprive them of some local derby games.

If it aint broke don't fix it

SeanM
Youth Team Star

Dec 22, 2008, 9:44 PM

Team(s): Manchester United (since before Beckham and Buffy!)

Post #19 of 206 (76729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bezza] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Step 3 is difficult to sort out as stated above and probably Tony has got it spot on. An alternative you could always swap Boston with Ilkeston as Ilkeston would have good motorway access for most of their games in the south. This would Perhaps lead to Boston having less travel in the North but would increase Ilkestons travel down south and will deprive them of some local derby games.

It is too early in the season to be making travel arrangements. Much is yet to be determined for these clubs. Currently, Boston are only one (1) point safe from the "drop" zone, and relegation, however unpalatable, would drastically change Boston's travel. Similarly, Tiverton, but four (4) points away from a "playoff" place, might be promoted.

If the promotion and relegation gods are not favorably inclined, there remains the prospect of Truro City's promotion to the Southern Premier. Angelic

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . as sleep brings dreams of home.”
-- Christopher Columbus

"Welcome to the New World"
-- Jack Ryan

vienna1964
Deleted

Dec 28, 2008, 7:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 206 (76433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bezza] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

A strong argument perhaps for the eventual increment to four Divisions at level three ?

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Dec 28, 2008, 11:45 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #21 of 206 (76390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
SLP looks much better - not only are we included for the first time thanks to recent form but local teams such as Atherstone and Leamington.

For the yellow dots on the map the only 'anomaly' seems to be Boston; in fact I nearly missed that on first glance - admittedly there is no other way around it in fairness.

Boston to Tiverton and visa versa is a journey I wouldn't like to make!

It would not surprise me if we actually end up in the Isthmian!!
Wink

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Dec 29, 2008, 10:49 PM

Post #22 of 206 (76266 views)
Shortcut

Just as a matter of interest I was at Bitton last Saturday and spoke with various members of the committee and was told that they have no intention of seeking promotion. I also happened to speak with a Western League ground grading person who pointed out to me the work which would need to be done for Bitton to get a higher grading.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Jan 8, 2009, 6:13 PM

Post #23 of 206 (75935 views)
Shortcut

Updated to reflect known applicants and league positions as at 3rd Jan

T P
Youth Team Star

Jan 8, 2009, 8:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 206 (75858 views)
Shortcut

Thought I'd just point out to you that the map for the Conf Nat is currently showing Conf N and S.

Also the font for the Isthmian South is different to the rest.

Apart from that keep up the good work!!! Look forward to developments now that we have the list of applicants.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Jan 8, 2009, 9:03 PM

Post #25 of 206 (75851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P] What steps 1-4 may look like in 2009/10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Should be OK now. Thanks for letting me know

Tony

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3