Applicants for promotion to Step 4

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Jon M
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 3, 2008, 5:51 PM

Post #1 of 97 (23817 views)
Shortcut
Applicants for promotion to Step 4 Can't Post or Reply Privately

So who is going to apply for promotion this season?

Below are a list of those clubs that either applied for promotion last season &/or the year before, or were relegated this time round.

Using this as a startpoint, then if people can post up any firm knowledge of clubs that should be added or taken off this time then we’ll have a better idea

(BTW I know there are at least a few of these for which circumstances have changed for the worse, I just cannot remember them).

Anyway – here goes:
MFA – Barwell(n), Coalville(n), Rocester(n), Mkt D(n), Boldmere(n?), Causeway, Stratford, Alvechurch, Tipton
KL – Erith &B, Hythe, Herne Bay, VCD, Croydon
CCL – N Greenford, Camberley, Chessington, Molesey, Ash, Chertsey, Wembley
UCL – Wellingboro, St Neots, St Ives
ESL – Barkingside, Burnham, Enfield, Bowers&Pitsea, Barking
HL – Hungerford, Almondsbury, Flackwell Heath, Witney
NCE – Selby, Pickering, Armthorpe W, Bridlington, Mickleover, Liversedge, Arnold
SSM – Hanwell, Harefield, Chalfont SP, Brimsdown, Biggleswade Tn, Hertford, Berkhamsted
ECL – Needham Mkt, Dereham, Wivenhoe, Leiston
NL – Dunston, Whitley Bay, Consett,
SX – Wick, Horsham YMCA, Three Bridges
WX – Wimborne, Poole, VTFC, Newport IOM, Fareham
WL – Dawlish
NWC – Newcastle, Runcorn, Flixton, Congleton, Colne, Winsford, Silsden, Maine Rd, Squires Gate, (Alsager)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2008, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #2 of 97 (23760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon M] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is generally assumed in Kent that Tunbridge Wells and Faversham will also apply. Erith Town now groundshare with Thamesmead so they also could apply.

cooksmad
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 4, 2008, 6:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 97 (23590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon M] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Realisticly Wellingborough Town & St Ives Town won't get Promotion to Step 4 this season due to League table finish.

St Neots Town will Probably go up.

Cogenhoe United have added a Lot of new Facilities including a Tannoy System.

Pat B
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 4, 2008, 8:56 PM

Post #4 of 97 (23532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cooksmad] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Realisticly Wellingborough Town & St Ives Town won't get Promotion to Step 4 this season due to League table finish.

St Neots Town will Probably go up.

Cogenhoe United have added a Lot of new Facilities including a Tannoy System.

A bit early to write these clubs off surely St Ives are 5th in the table and Wellingborough have only played 2 lge games. Crazy

cooksmad
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 4, 2008, 9:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 97 (23528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat B] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PatB,

When I say League Finishes I mean come the end of the season.

Pat B
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 4, 2008, 9:15 PM

Post #6 of 97 (23518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cooksmad] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Err which is my point exactly, far to early to write anyone off now.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Sep 5, 2008, 1:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 97 (23391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat B] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can add Lowestoft Town to the list:

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/page/news.asp?ID=742

Jon M
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 5, 2008, 1:09 PM

Post #8 of 97 (23381 views)
Shortcut

I'm just listing those that might apply, rather than making any judgement on whether they are good enough to qualify....

ANyway, seems that Daventry are planning on taking the UCL spot anyway

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/...e=FULL&nid=52277

cooksmad
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 6, 2008, 11:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 97 (23211 views)
Shortcut

As Pat B said to me twice in Previous Posts in thus topic it's very early to write teams off this early in the season.

For all we know they could have a bad run and end in the Bottom Half of the table.

I think that S&L Corby will end top of the League but of course won't go up because of ground- They want to have a good team on the Pitch and are good believers in When you work hard the rest will follow or something like that

Smile

BiggBloke
Junior Team Star

Sep 23, 2008, 2:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 97 (22700 views)
Shortcut

I can confirm that following an FA 4 man ground grading inspection visit to Biggleswade Town's Carlsberg Stadium on Monday this week that a Grade E was approved, meaning the club's facilities are suitable for promotion to Step 4. One more turnstile (to be put in in June 2009) and a Grade D can be granted.

Jon
Junior Team Regular

Sep 28, 2008, 11:34 PM

Post #11 of 97 (22461 views)
Shortcut

Does anyone know when the deadline is for any applications to be made by?

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 29, 2008, 3:22 PM

Post #12 of 97 (22351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

December 31st.

forestman
Youth Team Star

Oct 6, 2008, 11:21 PM

Post #13 of 97 (21894 views)
Shortcut

sorry jon M don't mean to be picky but are you saying Newport IOW (Isle of Wight) have moved to the Isle of Man to become Newport IOM but still playinmg in the Wessex League?

MattyNeth
Junior Team Regular

Oct 28, 2008, 9:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 97 (21536 views)
Shortcut

Would be amazed if Tatnam Rec is up to Step 4 standard for Poole Town.

Locki
Junior Team Regular

Oct 29, 2008, 1:39 PM

Team(s): Chorley

Post #15 of 97 (21434 views)
Shortcut

Alsager got kicked out of the UniBond because of their ground, so unless they've spent money they've not got I'd expect them not to apply.

I do expect AFC Fylde (formerly Kirkhan & Wesham) and New Mills to apply.

Anyone any ideas if any Northern League clubs are going to bother this season?

Come on the Magpies - UniBond Division One North Champions 2010/11? Wait and see.....!

Sarumio

Oct 30, 2008, 8:40 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #16 of 97 (21313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Locki] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Alsager got kicked out of the UniBond because of their ground, so unless they've spent money they've not got I'd expect them not to apply.

I do expect AFC Fylde (formerly Kirkhan & Wesham) and New Mills to apply.

Anyone any ideas if any Northern League clubs are going to bother this season?

Re: the NWC applicants - assuming AFC Fylde don't run away with it before Christmas, I'd expect half the league to apply (they normally do) - thinking Newcastle Town, Congleton Town, Runcorn Linnets, Glossop North End, Winsford United and probably Colne.

As for the Northern League - it may well depend on how the current top bunch think Durham City and Newcastle Blue Star are going to do in the division above! At the moment Durham City's start and games in hand suggest they may well be in the running for promotion to the Premier (but would they take it is the big question). Consett, Dunston Federation and Newcastle Benfield the most likely if any - not sure if Billingham Synthonia would ever contemplate it!

vienna1964
Deleted

Oct 30, 2008, 11:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 97 (21155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Re: the NWC applicants - assuming AFC Fylde don't run away with it before Christmas, I'd expect half the league to apply (they normally do) - thinking Newcastle Town, Congleton Town, Runcorn Linnets, Glossop North End, Winsford United and probably Colne.

As for the Northern League - it may well depend on how the current top bunch think Durham City and Newcastle Blue Star are going to do in the division above! At the moment Durham City's start and games in hand suggest they may well be in the running for promotion to the Premier (but would they take it is the big question). Consett, Dunston Federation and Newcastle Benfield the most likely if any - not sure if Billingham Synthonia would ever contemplate it!

BUT... would promotion success for Durham & Blue Star serve to encourage or discourage more NL applicants ?

I see that as a double-edger to be quite honest

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

coupwotcoup
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2008, 6:28 AM

Post #18 of 97 (20964 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Below are a list of those clubs that either applied for promotion last season &/or the year before, or were relegated this time round.

Using this as a startpoint, then if people can post up any firm knowledge of clubs that should be added or taken off this time then we’ll have a better idea

(BTW I know there are at least a few of these for which circumstances have changed for the worse, I just cannot remember them).

Anyway – here goes:
MFA – Barwell(n), Coalville(n), Rocester(n), Mkt D(n), Boldmere(n?), Causeway, Stratford, Alvechurch, Tipton
NCE – Selby, Pickering, Armthorpe W, Bridlington, Mickleover, Liversedge, Arnold
SSM – Hanwell, Harefield, Chalfont SP, Brimsdown, Biggleswade Tn, Hertford, Berkhamsted
WL – Dawlish
NWC – Newcastle, Runcorn, Flixton, Congleton, Colne, Winsford, Silsden, Maine Rd, Squires Gate, (Alsager)

I think you will find that the aforementioned ESL list will be amended somewhat come the end of December. But I think you will find that Romford will be on the list, thanks to our current ground share situ and hopefully our current form too.

Pre-1970 football programmes wanted. Good prices paid for good condition collections. Have thousands for sale, League and Non League. PM with wants lists or for quotes. Especially required pre-1978 Romford home and aways, plus FA Trophy programmes from any rounds from seasons 69-70 and 70-1.

Si of the Wells
Junior Team Regular

Nov 25, 2008, 2:00 PM

Post #19 of 97 (20490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coupwotcoup] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am pleased to confirm speculation that Tunbridge Wells FC will be applying for promotion. This has been confirmed by the management committee on www.tunbridgewellsfc.co.uk today. Smile

sandhurstbee

Nov 27, 2008, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #20 of 97 (20266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [forestman] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
sorry jon M don't mean to be picky but are you saying Newport IOW (Isle of Wight) have moved to the Isle of Man to become Newport IOM but still playinmg in the Wessex League?

If it is good enough for Guernsey to play in Kent than why not Isle Of Man in Wessex Wink

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 27, 2008, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #21 of 97 (20262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Now you're being Scilly.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2008, 8:29 AM

Post #22 of 97 (20083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coupwotcoup] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Anyway – here goes:
WL – Dawlish

I think you will find that the aforementioned ESL list will be amended somewhat come the end of December. But I think you will find that Romford will be on the list, thanks to our current ground share situ and hopefully our current form too.

From what I understand, VTFC, Poole Wimborne are the only Wessex League clubs considering applying for promotion this season.

Whilst the management at Brockenhurst are making noises about considering applying, the board appear very non committal at this stage

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

philglossop
Youth Team Star

Dec 4, 2008, 8:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 97 (19742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Anyway – here goes:
WL – Dawlish

From what I understand, VTFC, Poole Wimborne are the only Wessex League clubs considering applying for promotion this season.

Whilst the management at Brockenhurst are making noises about considering applying, the board appear very non committal at this stage

Unlikely to see Glossop apply, Maine Road too low in the table, but possibly New Mills will according to contacts

Mek
First Team Star

Dec 15, 2008, 12:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 97 (19178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anyone got any updates on likely applicants this season?. It certainly seems an awful lot quieter that at this time last year.

Cheers Mek

VP

Dec 15, 2008, 4:00 PM

Post #25 of 97 (19135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] Applicants for promotion to Step 4 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has anyone got any updates on likely applicants this season?. It certainly seems an awful lot quieter that at this time last year.

Cheers Mek

All will be revealed in two weeks!

I think I'm safe in announcing that Camberley Town have applied but, despite asking probing questions, no-one seems to know about anyone else in the Combined Counties who've already applied or are planning to before the deadline.
I'd assume Bedfont Green will apply, I know Epsom & Ewell have had discussions with their landlords Banstead about who will pay for any upgrades needed if either apply and that's all the info I have.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3