Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live!

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 15, 2008, 7:22 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #1 of 13 (3342 views)
Shortcut
FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Started to post a sort of commentary/summary in the Witney v Buck U. thread - in Ground Hopping (?)

http://nlpl.co.uk/...0;page=unread#unread

... its half time: 0-3 to Brading - available now on -

http://www.itvlocal.com/facup/

Anyone else watching feeling the need to comment - suggest this thread is the one to continue?

The quality is surprisingly good - though I can't get much sound.

... I may come back later once the kids are out of the way. Wink

fishy
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 15, 2008, 7:25 PM

Team(s): AFC Hull

Post #2 of 13 (3338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good to know that the low sound isn't my computer!

royals26

Aug 15, 2008, 7:28 PM

Post #3 of 13 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fishy] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pardon? Wink

.... just started again - good view of the Bouncy Castle - wonder if any of the Brading lads have had a punt on how many kids they can take out by firing the ball inside it?

fishy
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 15, 2008, 7:30 PM

Post #4 of 13 (3333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was waiting for the commentator to say that Brading were kicking towards the bouncy castle end. Do you suppose it counts as covered standing?

fishy
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 15, 2008, 7:35 PM

Post #5 of 13 (3330 views)
Shortcut

3-1, what price a 4-3 home win?

royals26

Aug 15, 2008, 7:59 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fishy] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still 3-1 o Brading, Wantage hit crossbar with a penalty.

Something very peculiar going on here- I didn't type the above ! Shocked - though I did see the Wantage goal

-- what was the final score - did it stay 3-1?

Came back about 10 mins ago to see Brading warming down and there was no sound at all!

(This post was edited by royals26 on Aug 15, 2008, 8:29 PM)

acmold

Aug 15, 2008, 8:23 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or

I only saw the 2nd half, I got a new computer today and was setting it up for a few hours, only one of those really cheap ones from PC world. Funny the sound was fine but the picture not very sharpe, when it started to get a bit dark the ball looked quite blurred.

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Aug 15, 2008, 8:46 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #8 of 13 (3292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I watched from just before Brading's second goal. Our picture very sharp and sound OK if turned up to max on the site, and fairly high on the speakers. In fact a deputation from the lounge came in to ask me to turn it down! Excellent idea from ITV - another showcase for non-league - and Brading did the Wessex League proud!

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

Aug 16, 2008, 12:58 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #9 of 13 (3241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Watched most of the game on my laptop. Picture quality was very good, sound quality was fine (I had earphones in as the kids were watching TV). Biggest downside was the standard of "commentary" though. Commentator was Mark Webber and his commentary consisted of questions to his two analysts (who were both fine) interjected with very long periods of silence. A little homework on the participants wouldn't have gone amiss from Mr Webber. Couldn't help noticing that no mention of e.ON the FA Cup sponsor was made at all during the broadcast.

The game itself was fair enough with Brading on top for most of the 1st half (with assistance from the Wantage keeper) and the home team making a decent fist of trying to get back into the game in the 2nd period. The crowd looked to be about 250-300 (my estimate/guess).

On the rules and regs side of things, it was interesting to see people drinking beer around the ground. The FA send out guidelines to all competing clubs before every round and this issue is a particular no no.

Also looked like the ground was not fully enclosed as the perimeter seemed to consist of tress, bushes, hedges etc.

All in all, this foray into non league football can only be good for the game at our level. I'm looking forward to the highlights packages that are promised for Monday.

For anybody who missed the coverage, the whole game is being shown on a loop continuously throughout this weekend on ITVLocal.com

Grounds Visited 315
Last New Ground:Millwall Training Ground
Last Game:Crystal Palace U23 1-5 Middlesbrough U23
Premier League Cup 02.12.19
Games In Season 2019-20: 39
New Grounds This Season: 3
Goals This Season: 122
Ave goals per game: 3.13

chrisby
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2008, 10:52 AM

Team(s): Oxford City, Bridgwater Town.

Post #10 of 13 (3179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Darren Lovell] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I watched most of the match (betwen stints of washing-up etc.) and was very pleasantly surprised by the picture quality, and the several camera angles, but, like several others, struggled with the sound.
Not at all a bad game: Brading certainly looked the better side, but the commentary added very little (nothing?) to the experience!
I gather that the matches from the other areas will be added to the 'broadcast' to give a highlights programme of all covered by ITV Local.
Anyway, well done to ITV for this excellent initiative.

Edgwarefan
Youth Team Regular

Aug 16, 2008, 7:48 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisby] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't catch the game live, but watched the highlights catch up and very impressed, for coverage of a match at this level, unprecendented I would imagine.

There is a good list of other matches that are going to be shown, I take it these are the highlights which will be shown from Monday, looking forward to that.

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 16, 2008, 9:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 13 (3109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Edgwarefan] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Darwen-Penrith goalfest is on the list, highlights don't appear to be available yet though.

dave
First Team Star

Aug 17, 2008, 1:12 PM

Post #13 of 13 (3025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aiwa] FAC ExPrelim Round Wantage v Brading - Live! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I watched the match live as well, and was quite impressed with the coverage.

A few technical internet things first (this is quite important for the coverage to work.) The sound for me was fine, as was the connection, as was the picture quality, as was the ease of use, as was the connection (yea I know I mentioned it twice, but people who watched the match actually watched it, and not a static buffering picture of the match.) If some other people did have sound or video problems, I can only say I wasn't one of them.

As for the coverage itself, I suppose I must pick out the commentry. I don't think it was a bad idea to have two "analysis" (one from each club) as it really gave the idea of football down at this level (something which I'm sure ITV will learn more about as the coverage continues.) Brief things like scouting the opposition, and players "normal" work are big differences at this level compared to the Premiership so are worth mentioning. The long period of silence could perhaps be improved upon.

As for a mention of e.ON Darren surely you don't watch TV coverage of matches to hear the sponsors mentioned. I don't.

It will be good, if ITV have an internet site that works for it (which they did on Friday.) So far, so good from me.

Now to the match itself, Brading in the first half were very good taking their chances when they had them meaning the game was won in the first half. The 2nd goal was the pick of the goals, and the 3rd goal was one of those comedy moments you sometimes get in football, which makes the game great. The Wantage keeper (who will not ever want to see it again) had the ball in his hands. He rolls it out straight to the forward of Brading who promptly thumps the ball back past him (the keeper was out of position after collecting a through ball) into an empty net.

In the 2nd half Wantage got back into it, and scored early on in the 2nd half, the big chance came after with the penalty with (I made it) roughly 12 minutes left. If they had scored, they could have forced a replay with a late goal, but they didn't, so they didn't.

Does anyone know what match in the next round they have picked. Is it Brading, or is it another team altogether?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3