Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Russell
First Team Star

Jul 5, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #1 of 53 (6037 views)
Shortcut
FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays Can't Post or Reply Privately

Please post here when known.

Felix
Reserve Team Star

Jul 5, 2008, 11:05 PM

Post #2 of 53 (6004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

17th Aug FA Cup Kentish Town v Wellingborough Town

sonofhod
Deleted

Jul 6, 2008, 1:11 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 53 (5974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or

For everybody else it could be of interest. Why do you want to know ? You wont be there !

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 6, 2008, 8:51 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #4 of 53 (5938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sonofhod] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone know why this is on the Sunday?
And will it still be at the Copthall Stadium?

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

royals26

Jul 6, 2008, 3:22 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #5 of 53 (5811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does anyone know why this is on the Sunday?
And will it still be at the Copthall Stadium?

A thread on the SSML Fans Focus suggests it WILL be at Copthall:-

Just to confirm, that KTFC's home cup tie, due to be played on the 16th of August 2008, will now be played at home on Sunday the 17th of August................kick off at 3.00pm.

... no mention there of why though.

sjj2112
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 6, 2008, 3:56 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra, Nantwich Town, Ashford Town (Middx), Venezia

Post #6 of 53 (5796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think it is because there is an athletics meeting on the Saturday.

I'm a man of many anoraks.....

Russell
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2008, 10:37 AM

Post #7 of 53 (5461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjj2112] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pikes And Sedge FA Cup Clash MovedThe all-NCEL FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie between Pickering Town and Liversedge has been moved back 24 hours.

The Mill Lane clash that was due to be played on Saturday 16th August will now be played on the Sunday with a 3pm kick-off.

The change is due to cricket at Pickering Town's ground.

davy c
First Team Star

Jul 17, 2008, 10:12 AM

Post #8 of 53 (5213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Glasshougton welfares home FAC game has been moved to sunday 17th as well.

twitter @davyc1976

Chris1963

Jul 17, 2008, 5:56 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #9 of 53 (5130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is a surprise as Glasshoughton have (unlike Kentish Town) been around for many years but I am not aware of their ground being used for cricket or athletics, although I can plead ignorance here as it is one of the few NCEL venues I have not yet visited.

Russell
First Team Star

Jul 17, 2008, 6:23 PM

Post #10 of 53 (5121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last year a tie at Woodbridge was switched to a Friday evening because the clubhouse had been booked for a wedding reception on the Saturday.

jaydee
Junior Team Star

Jul 17, 2008, 6:28 PM

Post #11 of 53 (5117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aveley and Romford are now groundsharing at Aveley's ground but on 16 August they both have scheduled home matches. Aveley have a home league (Isthmian 1 North) match whilst Romford have a home FA Cup tie.

Are there any rules as to which would take preference (and hence the other one needing to change days). Would Aveley take preference as it is their ground or would an FA Cup tie take preference over a league match (or even the other way round).

It seems that an announcement has yet to be made.

VP

Jul 17, 2008, 8:43 PM

Post #12 of 53 (5086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaydee] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Are there any rules as to which would take preference (and hence the other one needing to change days). Would Aveley take preference as it is their ground or would an FA Cup tie take preference over a league match (or even the other way round).

It's down to the clubs to sort out between themselves. The rules say the cup game can be on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If the clubs can't come to an agreement the cup game will be on the Sunday unless the FA decide otherwise.
It's part of rule 9 of the FA Cup.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2008, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #13 of 53 (5014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Theres definitely no athletics track at Leeds Road (Glasshoughton) and theres no cricket pitch there either. They may play a fair few junior games but other than that its just football (if you can call it that!)

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

David (BAFC)
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 21, 2008, 9:11 PM

Post #14 of 53 (4820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bishop Auckland v Darlington RA is now on Sunday 17th, 3pm kick off. Match is at Darlington Road, West Auckland.

davy c
First Team Star

Jul 21, 2008, 10:03 PM

Post #15 of 53 (4806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [David (BAFC)] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am reliably informed that Glasshoughton share changing rooms with the cricket club, hence the need for a switch

twitter @davyc1976

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 21, 2008, 10:34 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #16 of 53 (4792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know about reliable Davy! As my one and only visit to Glasshoughton was nearly 14 years ago (6th Sept 1994), I've just had to consult Google Maps. That confirms a cricket pitch next door, although on a completely seperate playing area. I am sure that they used the same changing rooms etc though.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

TB&G
Youth Team Regular

Jul 22, 2008, 11:40 AM

Team(s): Romford FC

Post #17 of 53 (4722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaydee] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Aveley and Romford are now groundsharing at Aveley's ground but on 16 August they both have scheduled home matches. Aveley have a home league (Isthmian 1 North) match whilst Romford have a home FA Cup tie.

As of this moment a firm date/time of our home FA Cup tie with Biggleswade Town is still being negotiated.

I hope to know more this evening and will update, if possible, later on.

TB&G
Youth Team Regular

Jul 23, 2008, 11:22 AM

Team(s): Romford FC

Post #18 of 53 (4583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TB&G] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

As of this moment a firm date/time of our home FA Cup tie with Biggleswade Town is still being negotiated.

I hope to know more this evening and will update, if possible, later on.

I heard yesterday evening that the day/venue/time for this fixture should be resolved by the beginning of next week.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 24, 2008, 5:18 PM

Post #19 of 53 (4448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TB&G] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not a Sunday game but according to the following link, the Wantage v Brading Town FA Cup tie is on Friday 15th August as ITV are showing it live over the internet.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/...c&showtopic=2614

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 27, 2008, 7:10 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #20 of 53 (4222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just checking out the link you give, is that the same Invision who the NPL kicked into touch? The link only goes to a page which you have to register for, is there any chance of posting the detail?

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Jul 27, 2008, 7:11 PM)

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 27, 2008, 7:17 PM

Post #21 of 53 (4214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No Idea about whether its the same Invision or not. I just know it as the IOW football forum and it was posted by a Brading Town player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"E-On the sponsor's of the FA Cup have selected Brading as "the team to follow" in this season's FA Cup.
The coverage means that they will follow the winner of each game along the qualifying rounds.
They will be bringing the FA Cup to Vicarage lane and then going with the team to Wantage for the game on Friday the 15th August.
The game will also be broadcast live on the internet as part of ITV's coverage of this season's competition.
More details to follow- but what a fantastic coup for the club and i'm delighted that our club is going to get some well deserved coverage.
If anyone wants any further details contact the club."

Also on the link to confirm the date

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 566

So is the game on Friday or saturday?

--------------------

The new improved Chambo Posted: Jul 24 2008, 09:55 AM

1st Team Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 291

Friday night Mr R . . . . OFFICIALLY The first game of the FA Cup 2008-09

If you were to take kick off,then you would be the first player to touch the ball in this years cup!!!!

www.twitter.com/splodgey

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 27, 2008, 7:28 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #22 of 53 (4209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks Splodge.

If the game is moved to the Friday night for this, will there be an adverse impact on attendance? Or will the extra exposure / match fee exceed this?

TBH we have an attractive FA Cup 1Q tie away at Nantwich and I am now worried about it being switched for Internet coverage....Shocked. But perhaps this only applies to the 'team to follow'?

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 27, 2008, 7:32 PM

Post #23 of 53 (4201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A friend has yet to go to Wantage and its not that far for a re-visit for me (especially as he's agreed to paySmile) so there'll be at least an extra 2 on the gate!

www.twitter.com/splodgey

acmold

Jul 28, 2008, 9:47 AM

Post #24 of 53 (4133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Thanks Splodge.

If the game is moved to the Friday night for this, will there be an adverse impact on attendance? Or will the extra exposure / match fee exceed this?

TBH we have an attractive FA Cup 1Q tie away at Nantwich and I am now worried about it being switched for Internet coverage....Shocked. But perhaps this only applies to the 'team to follow'?

A few years ago I went to Wantage, I think it was against Banbury, the chap on the gate said it was the first time for 5 years that more than 50 people had paid to watch a midweek game. That could have been 50 on top of season tickets and "freebees". Lovely people at Wantage, some very long serving chaps on their committee, don't get very big gates though. According to Tony, Wantage averaged 61 last season.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 30, 2008, 10:22 AM

Post #25 of 53 (3921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] FA Cup and Vase games on Sundays [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to the FA Website the Wantage v Brading game kicks off at the rather strange time of 6:20pm on the Friday.

As the Car Ferries run all night, I can't imagine that its because of having to rush back for one of them.

www.twitter.com/splodgey

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3