Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: History:
Trent Rovers FC

davidp
Reserve Team Star

Jun 19, 2008, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, Abbey Hulton United, Norton Utd (RIP), Brighton and Stoke City

Post #1 of 4 (3812 views)
Shortcut
Trent Rovers FC Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at an old Non League directory at the Eastwood Hanley entry it mentions that they incorporated Trent Rovers in 1982. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this club, where they played, what level and what division.
Also if anyone has any personal memories of Eastwood Hanley I'd be interested. Was their ground called Trentmill Road or Berryhill Fields?

The Groundhog - the football ground travelog

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2008, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Trent Rovers FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking at an old Non League directory at the Eastwood Hanley entry it mentions that they incorporated Trent Rovers in 1982. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this club, where they played, what level and what division.
Also if anyone has any personal memories of Eastwood Hanley I'd be interested. Was their ground called Trentmill Road or Berryhill Fields?

The only thing I have about Trent Rovers is that they entered the 1982-83 FA Vase, and scratched from their preliminary round game at Racing Club Warwick, presumably due to be being incorporated into Eastwood Hanley!

--
Richard

burkeyt
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2008, 4:40 PM

Team(s): Holwell Sports & Melton Town RIP!!!

Post #3 of 4 (3787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Trent Rovers FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They played in the Staffordshire County League (North) during the late 70's early 80's ... must have been quite good since they were champions of the Premier Division from 1979/80 to 1981/82.

The Rocester website has a very good archive section with some league tables from around that time with Trent Rovers in.

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 19, 2008, 5:30 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 4 (3776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Trent Rovers FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think they used the adjacent pitch to Eastwood in Trentmill Road. Hanford took up the vacant pitch after EH and TR merged.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3