Reserve Team Regular
Jun 29, 2009, 1:07 PM
Re: [oftenscore6] Non-League Champions League 2009/10 - how should it look?
Actually, I didn't use any macros last year because there wasn't so much variety in the choices, but would accept Vienna's offer for next year!
So, the items to vote on are:
1) a) Interim positions based on current positions b) ppg
2) a) Include step 5 b) Separate comp for step 5 c) Same comp but half scores for step 5 d) Steps 1-4 only
3) a) One team per Cup comp b) One team per step in Cup comps
4) a) Same side allowed in League & Cups b) Each club only selectable once
5) a) Current Cup scoring b) One point per win with bonuses in Cup comps
6) a) League scoring as is b) 1 for 1st, 22 for 22nd etc., lowest score wins c) points total d) 2pts for win points total e) wins-losses
7) a) Weekly updates as is b) I'd improve.....
If you have no preference, please leave that one out. Voting is open for a month.
With my former organiser hat on, then the reason that it was set up in this format was twofold, i) effort on my part and ii) not overcomplicating the whole thing for entrants by having too many nominations to make. Currently entrants need to nominate 15 clubs, by adding Step 5 & multi-step cup entrants this is getting close to 40, which may prove offputting to some people, particularly those whose knowledge is limited to only certian parts of the pyramid (regions/Steps).
It appears Oftenscore6 is not concerned about (i), but I suggest that (ii) remains a valid concern.
With that in mind, my responses are:
1) 'b' - potentially more effort for OS6 (scoring & finding things to say in commentaries, given that score movements may reduce) but that is his choice so why not, if it gives a truer picture through the season.
2) 'd' - I'm inclined to say 'd' for fear of overcomplicating the entry process, but if the mood is for something for step 5, I would say 'c' to avoid overweighting the competition in favour of this step and that a separate competition is unlikely to get the level of entries. How are you going to deal with the negative points for relegation places, given that different leagues relegate in different fashions?
3) 'a' ('b') - Again, a danger of confusion with an overload of teams to nominate, but I can see the appeal so perhaps one per step for the FA cup only but sticking with a single nomination for the Trophy and Vase
4) 'b' - I did selectable only once to make people think a little more, so I'm going to stick with that
5) 'a' - 'b' might be workable with multi-step entries, although I still think the current score system holds up. 'b' would definately not suit any cup with a single nomination as I think this part of the competition should reward the club going furthest, not one from the bottom of the ladder who wins a few qualifiers but still goes out before others come in.
6) 'a' - the rest are getting too complicated.
7) 'a' - weekly updates as is - aka, its entirely up to you what you cover and when...
However, I'm more than happy for you to take your own decisions on where you take this competition and will enter regardless, just to expose myself as the clueless buffoon that I am when it comes to these things...