Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

  Main Index MAIN
Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?: Re: [Shepdyn] Tuesday 5th December 2017: Edit Log

First Team Star

Dec 5, 2017, 11:22 PM

Posts: 2731
Location: South Hampshire
Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Views: 4957
Re: [Shepdyn] Tuesday 5th December 2017 or Reply Privately

Hampshire Senior Cup Round 3

Winchester City 3 Basingstoke Town 3 (5-4 pens)

admission 8-00 programme downloadable on internet attendance est 100

3rd in Southern League South and West v 17th in Southern League Premier
The holders are out, beaten in what was in the end a dramatic contest after a pretty uneventful first hour. The home team looked beaten at 0-2, came back to lead 3-2 only to concede in injury time. However, they eventually won on penalties.
Both teams were missing first-team players but still had quite strong line-ups. Very little happened for 25 mins as the home team passed it nicely but the visitors looked solid and quite dangerous coming forward. A Basingstoke shot which was blocked following a corner, a Winchester shot wide and another one which hit an attacker and was saved by the keeper was all there was to show for the effort. Suddenly, on 28 mins, the visitors took the lead - a good hard cross from the right was expertly steered in by the impressive McKnight. After this the home team tried for an equaliser, some good moves seeing Cox force a good save and heading an excellent cross wastefully wide. Mlambo also forced a good save from Zabotti down by his near post. Another good hard cross from the right saw the visitors' Kennedy narrowly fail to extend their lead. HT 0-1.
The visitors started the second half well, McKnight forcing a save from Pryce before making it 0-2 on 56 mins, a scramble in the box seeing him put the ball in, virtually unchallenged. The home team tried to come back but didn't look like doing it until a superb goal out of the blue on 68 mins - a fluent move ended by a curling shot into the far corner from the edge of the area by Gilbert. Game on and four mins later a curling free-kick by Barron hit the post. On 78 mins came the equaliser, a free-kick from the left was headed on by Flooks into the far corner. Only one team in it now and Cox had another header saved, before on 88 mins, a long throw was headed on for Cook to catch it nicely on the volley and complete the comeback. Three mins injury time became four as the visitors made a substitution and in that fourth minute a corner from the right was headed powerfully into the net by Bunting, running in unchallenged.
On to penalties and the first four were all unsuccessful - one good save, one hit the post, and two went over the bar. We then had nine successful kicks until Demuria's effort was well saved by Pryce to put the home team through.
No changes at the City ground since my last visit, the clubhouse on the left as you come in, then the main stand with tea bar on that side (programme shop sadly no longer there) and a smaller covered area on the far side. A nice souvenir ticket was given at the entrance. I found the home team's language pretty unappealing today, led by those on the bench, and home keeper Pryce annoyed during the shootout, by standing next to the ref by the penalty spot until the last possible moment for every spot-kick, and also relieving himself by the side of the small stand just before the penalties, But it worked for him.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Dec 5, 2017, 11:51 PM)

Edit Log:
Post edited by HantsLondoner (First Team Star) on Dec 5, 2017, 11:51 PM

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3