Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

  Main Index MAIN
Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?: Re: [Howieb73] Saturday 4th March 2017: Edit Log

Reserve Team Star

Mar 4, 2017, 7:35 PM

Posts: 913
Location: Borehamwood

Views: 8221
Re: [Howieb73] Saturday 4th March 2017 or Reply Privately

Evostik Division 1 North - Hyde United 4 Farsley Celtic 5 - Admission 8 - Programme 2 - Attendance 438

Well I've been watching football for well over 40 years and I can honestly say that the second half here was probably the most incident packed and incredible half of football that I've ever seen with 8 goals scored as well as three red cards.

It was another trip up north with my son off to see Liverpool v Arsenal so he was dropped off in Manchester and had to contend with the problems at Lime Street while I had a choice of a few matches and boy o boy did I pick the right one.

Celtic took the lead after just 2 minutes when a lovely back heel from Paul Walker freed Jordan Deacey to slot the ball home past the keeper. A terrific goal line clearance from Harry Coates kept the deficit to one at the break with a few niggly challenges going in.

Hyde equalised after 52 mins when a Paddy Miller free kick wasn't cleared and Matt Beadle scored from 10 yards. They were soon ahead with an absolute belter from Kyle Harrison with an angled 25 yard drive into the top left corner. Then came the fun and games. On the hour, Hyde were reduced to ten men when Miller saw red for pushing Lewis Nightingale over but within 60 seconds, we had 10 v 10 after James Walshaw came in late and high on the keeper Russ Saunders. On 66, it was 2-2 with another terrific goal. Chris Howarth pulled back from the byline before curling a beauty over the keeper from 20 yards. Hyde then went 3-2 up set up by a run from Chris Sutherland and he pulled it back to Janni Lipka to slide the ball home. On 83 mins, Hyde were reduced to nine men after James Burke blocked a hard hit goalbound shot which the referee deemed to be hand ball. He received a second yellow and Richard Marshall stepped up to score from the spot. 3-3.

Surely there couldn't be more action. There was so much more. Celtic made it 3-4 when Nightingale set up Aiden Savory to score but it was 4-4 after 89 minutes. Hyde were awarded a free kick on the edge of the area and Lawrence Hunter curled a cracker into the top left corner. Celtic then went straight up the other end and won a corner which Nightingale took and there was Adam Clayton at the back post to net the winner.

A truly amazing match, undoubtedly my match of the season, with nine goals all from different players, three of the goals were stunners and three red cards. Three weeks ago I was at the FC United v Chorley match which was a terrific advert for the Conference North when my son was at the Liverpool v Spurs match but this surpassed that one for excitement and tension and this is why football is such a great game. Roll on four weeks time, when I'm back up north when my son is at the Liverpool v Everton match.

(This post was edited by Windy on Mar 4, 2017, 7:41 PM)

Edit Log:
Post edited by Windy (Reserve Team Star) on Mar 4, 2017, 7:40 PM
Post edited by Windy (Reserve Team Star) on Mar 4, 2017, 7:41 PM

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3